Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need some positive thinking for the future.

So I've been very nervous for my future.

I decided the best job for me would be an electrical engineer.

However Im very nervous ill be able to get a job in it, or at least a job in it that pays well.

I'm kind of freaking out, because I want to be successful and be able to start a life on my own eventually. I'm in a relationship with someone 10 years older than me, he never went to school but for a job at Verizon as a sales person. He gets paid a lot because he is one of the best, and actually he just got promoted as a supervisor because he's the best one there, and he makes more than both of his parents do he says....and has been supporting himself since he was 22

I want to be that successful, but things aren't looking good. I thought ill try applying to an internship, but the internship I want I can't do yet...or I have to take a class...but I want to start now, and it's making me wonder why if I don't get an internship to help me get my foot in the door...

What are some positive thoughts to not make me feel so hopeless....because the future is really intimidating...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No matter what your situation is, there's always a way for things to get better. You can do it, just keep trying
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Trendsetter View Post
    No matter what your situation is, there's always a way for things to get better. You can do it, just keep trying
    I agree. If you want to reach a goal, just don't give up no matter what.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Trendsetter View Post
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I agree. If you want to reach a goal, just don't give up no matter what.
    alright thanks! yeah i was thinking about it more after i posted this thinking how i tried and failed....but then i thought it was better that i took a step than none at all, and after reading this i agree, i should just keep on trying, every small step is still closer to accomplishing my goal...

i guess i was just comparing myself to someone else....which is never good...anyways, thanks again!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's never too late to go to school and make something of yourself.

I am 30, and finishing up a degree in computer programming. I have never worked anything but retail...but I am managing to get good grades and get somewhere.

You can, too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    hmm well I think you should do a summer internships at least. If you cannot get the internship, you want, any job part time etc any work experience will help with the CV.

Also if the internship is only for a short amount of time, offer to do it for free? is this an option? They may be more willing. Or look at other places.

Good luck!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.