Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paying tax

ev0ker's Avatar Moron Member
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Paying tax

is a freakin' pain. I wish it was more straightforward!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Too many forms...sigh...
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if it was simple, how would the tax lawyers be able to find all the loopholes and thus save the rich money

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote life View Post
    if it was simple, how would the tax lawyers be able to find all the loopholes and thus save the rich money
    fair point.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I owed $700 even on my modest salary. It's ridiculous.
    I love private messages, visitor messages, etc.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote ev0ker View Post
    is a freakin' pain. I wish it was more straightforward!
    I just visited my CITY tax this morning. Apparently, I paid for 2013 taxes, but have to pay 2012 by quarter....with a $97.99 penalty.
    I have an easier time with FEDERAL and STATE than with CITY! They take all my money.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    I just visited my CITY tax this morning. Apparently, I paid for 2013 taxes, but have to pay 2012 by quarter....with a $97.99 penalty.
    I have an easier time with FEDERAL and STATE than with CITY! They take all my money.
    i'm not in your neck of the woods but i am interested in knowing the difference between the three for future reference. would you mind telling me? i don't like to 'google' stuff today...

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The terror of paying taxes almost makes me wanna live in the woods, but even then the IRS would probably find a way to tax the tree I live in

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    What do you guys have to do. Here mine is taken out every two weeks and as I'm a student working only the weekend its about €5 a fortnight.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    What do you guys have to do. Here mine is taken out every two weeks and as I'm a student working only the weekend its about €5 a fortnight.
    i have to complete this self-assessment form for a tax year. apparently they will calculate the tax that needs to be deducted upon declaration of income.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    So do you like pay it at the end of the year then....altogether
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Mines been pretty low to the point that it's almost non existant but they took tax off a savings account when I was youngerand they weren't supposed to. It was about five hundred forms just to get the money back...
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote ev0ker View Post
    i'm not in your neck of the woods but i am interested in knowing the difference between the three for future reference. would you mind telling me? i don't like to 'google' stuff today...
    Well, we do have several taxes that we have to pay - the joys of living in the USA.

We have city tax (depending on where you live and work). I work in an area that has no tax, so all of the money goes to my city. If I did work in a tax area, the work area would be first and my city gets what's left.

Then, there is state tax...the money is already taken out of my paycheck so when I file, The Federal final total is taken and what I actually gave is compared to a standard payscale list. This year, Ohio took too much money from my paychecks in 2012, so I get back the overage.

Federal tax...same deal. It's taken out of my paycheck as well.....only with Federal, there are adjustments -
    I have to add savings account interest, IRA interest, 401K deductions, etc.
    I can subtract things from it - charity/church donations, mortgage interest paid throughout the year.

A similar comparison is made and we get a refund for any overage or make a payment if we are short. The City makes it difficult because I apparently sent in a $980 check thinking it was 2012, but it was actually 2013 and got penalized for not making enough of a payment for 2012. That's why I had to stop by the office and talk to them - It is a two page form but makes no sense!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Well, we do have several taxes that we have to pay - the joys of living in the USA.
    geez. forget i even asked! i find that convoluted. i'm assuming you're self-employed. if you aren't, i believe you guys have a difficult tax system than we do. (or it just sounds too confusing to me.)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote srschirm View Post
    I owed $700 even on my modest salary. It's ridiculous.
    You should with hold more then.

I have someone who does my taxes for a very reasonable amount, a former accountant. She has been doing them for years. Mine are too complicated and I don't need the hassle. I wouldn't even attempt doing my own.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.