Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Jodi Arias trial

What do you think the verdict will be?

I'm always in the minority: I think it was self-defense.
    Drug-free and Happy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think they were both into what he wanted, but saying that no one deserves to die. Hard to prove self-defense without previous documented incidents. I think they will come back with second-degree murder, mitigated by a crime of passion. Not premeditated. But nothing would surprise me.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it was self defense, but I also think that Jodi has problems.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The problem with needing to have previous proof of violence or whatever for it to be self-defense is that what happens when someone breaks into my apartment and i kill them in self-defense? Yet I had never even seen them before? Self-defense doesn't need a history behind it, you know? But I think they were trying to show that there was a history so that she was making an accurate judgment about him wanting to kill her for real this time. IDK..... (assuming the following is true) If someone was charging at me saying "kill you [BEEP]" WHILE I'm pointing a gun at them?--Ya, I'd assume they mean business., whether I had a history with them or not.

I had a lot of questions. Like why didn't she shoot him more than once? Wouldn't she supposedly bring a fully loaded gun? I don't see premeditation at all. But I'd be surprised if they let her go with self-defense too.
    Drug-free and Happy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^pam, I agree with your assessment of self-defense in the instances that you stated, however, in cases where there happens to be a relationship, historically, history does seem to matter. I'm not saying if it is right or wrong, I think juries have a tough time thinking self-defense in relationships without that history. And I agree there is not enough information/answers which is why the jury may be taking so long to come to a conclusion. I don't think I would want to be on this jury, tough decision.
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, I would hate to be on any jury myself. I've gotten called 2 times but luckily they didn't pick me, lol.
    Drug-free and Happy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ I have never even gotten that close, I guess my reputation precedes me and they figure to leave well enough alone.
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow, I can't believe it. Guilty of first degree, I did not see premeditation.
    Drug-free and Happy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Same here, I really felt like it would be second degree with mitigating circumstances. Goes to show, one never knows. On to the appeal process I guess.
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was not self-defense because she stabbed him at least 27 times, then shot him, then afterwards slit his throat and severed every artery from ear to ear. He was also found to have defensive knife wounds on his arms as she killed and mutilated his body.

It was pre-meditated because she was living in California and asked a friend to borrow two gas containers and purchased one herself to take a road trip to Arizona while covering her tracks of not putting gas in her car along the way. She also rented a car before his death and drove 3000 miles on it to kill him. There was also a burglary right before his murder at Arias's grandparents' residence where a gun was conveniently stolen and was never recovered. Overall, she did a pretty piss poor job at pre-meditating.

shyVr6's Avatar Masking The Calm
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never did buy into her story. Now the trial is going into whether she'll get the death penalty or life in prison. I have a feeling that she'll get the death penalty.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think she needs the death penalty. She is clearly sick, but not to the point where I don't think she can be rehabilitated.

I didn't follow this case that intensely, but I think it is clear that this was a case of self defense.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I don't think she needs the death penalty. She is clearly sick, but not to the point where I don't think she can be rehabilitated.

I didn't follow this case that intensely, but I think it is clear that this was a case of self defense.
    Was it still self defense after she stabbed him 27 times? Wouldnt he be bleeding profusely by then? And what about self defense after he was shot? I've never heard anyone still trying to harm you after being stabbed dozens of times and shot. And in that case you would have to slice their throat open, which she did. A zombie attacking you would not be able to survive her attacks.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think she will be found guilty.

The two of them seemed whacked.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote kc1895 View Post
    Was it still self defense after she stabbed him 27 times? Wouldnt he be bleeding profusely by then? And what about self defense after he was shot? I've never heard anyone still trying to harm you after being stabbed dozens of times and shot. And in that case you would have to slice their throat open, which she did. A zombie attacking you would not be able to survive her attacks.
    I think she had battered girlfriend syndrome, in which case she felt she needed to do all that.

I'm not excusing it. I think she is crazy, and has serious problems. But I don't think she needs the death penalty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.