Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Weight Loss Thread

Anyone else looking to lose weight?

Post your current weight.

Post your goal.

Post your deadline.

You get to pick your goal what your aiming for, and the deadline would be a reasonable time frame you think it would be possible for you to achieve that goal. We can use this thread to keep track of progress and help each other out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Okay, I'll do this in the morning x
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My goal is to just lose 5 pounds a month. It was ten pounds, but I wasn't losing any weight. After I changed my goal to five pounds a month I've started losing weight. I've lost about 13 pounds so far, but I have a ways to go. I'm about 242 pounds and my goal is to eventually weigh 200 pounds.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need to weigh myself.

I know I need to lose weight, I look in the mirror and my body looks horrible. But I keep on putting off going to the gym.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As of September 2012 I started changing my diet to lose weight. I weighed 235 at the time. My goal was to get down to 180 by my birthday, which I hit. Since then I haven't lost anything however.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've officially quit drinking soda, as of today. I hope to keep it that way.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I've officially quit drinking soda, as of today. I hope to keep it that way.
    Cutting down on fizzy drinks can really help people loose weight. I did it last year and lost a lot of weight. Only problem I found was the boredom and what to drink instead. Some of those vitamin and health drinks have more calories in them and more sugar in them than soda does. And drinking water all the time was a real bore. Find something healthy and fun to replace to soda you're cutting out of your diet. And do things gradually. No sudden socks to your body where you're suddenly not drinking or eating something you used to eat/drink a lot of. If your body senses it's being starved of something, its likely to begin storing fat in survival mode which is going to be counter productive for weight loss.

Also, change behaviours not rules. When someone denies themselves soda or junk food they've basically given themselves a new rule. That they cannot have something. That's not the same as changing a behaviour. Getting more exercise would be a behaviour change. Eating and drinking healthy stuff would be a behaviour change. It's the behaviour changes that help with your weight loss. The rule changes just end up making you feel bad and that triggers emotions which make it more likely you'll eat things that are bad for you/drink bad things.

Oh, and don't constantly weigh yourself. You might think it good to have a start weight and a goal weight. So, fair enough, weigh yourself once. But constantly checking on your weight would be enough to make you loose motivation. There will be days when your body weight fluctuates. There will be days where you miss targets or eat the wrong foods. All of those days are okay.

Anyone interested in coaching to help them with the psychological side of loosing weight, drop me a PM.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Should I cut soda down, instead of cutting it out completely?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Should I cut soda down, instead of cutting it out completely?
    Depends how much soda you're drinking now. If you're drinking man cans a day and you suddenly quit, your body is going to feel pretty bad for a while because of the sudden loss of sugar. If you're drinking a lot of soda over a day/over a week then I'd suggest cutting down and seeing how you feel. Always check in on how you and your body are feeling. Weight loss is making changes to your body. So get to know your body and notice how changes in what you're eating and drinking affect it.

If you're only drinking a small amount of soda then cutting it out full stop would be okay. As would cutting back. If we deny ourselves something, we give it a power it didn't used to have. So, perhaps, as an experiment, you could cut down your soda intake and see how that felt/how easy it was for you. If you want a soda, you can have one. But you recognise that you've got the choice and can have something else instead when you choose to.

I'm not a doctor. My expertise is in psychology. So, obviously, check with your doctor

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks take.

I'm not going to cut it out completely. I like it too much. But I certainly am going to cut down.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    take, has some good advice. I was never a breakfast eater and I had to learn to eat something for breakfast. It is important to eat regular meals, the principle holds for eating all your calories at one or two settings. Your body doesn't know what you are doing, so it doesn't know when it is going to eat again so it starts to store those calories instead of burning them. Studies have shown that if instead of counting calories you learn what activity you have to do to burn those calories you just ate, ie; bag of M&M's, it takes walking the length of one football field to burn the calories from one (1) M&M, so multiply that by how many M&M's are in a bag, WOW. That was more of an eye opener for me than how many calories.

When I turned 40, I weighed 220 lb. not a pretty sight on a 5'3" body. I lost 100 lb, and even better went down 4 sizes. I didn't change what I ate, just how much I ate, and upped my exercise/weight training routine. My goals were also small, 10 lbs at a time - instead of thinking OMG I have to lose 80 - 100 lbs., that's overwhelming and self-defeating. That was 16 yrs ago and have kept it off. You have to remember that you didn't gain that weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight.

Good luck to everyone, getting healthy is always a good idea. and yes, I still eat those M&M's.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    take, has some good advice. I was never a breakfast eater and I had to learn to eat something for breakfast. It is important to eat regular meals, the principle holds for eating all your calories at one or two settings. Your body doesn't know what you are doing, so it doesn't know when it is going to eat again so it starts to store those calories instead of burning them. Studies have shown that if instead of counting calories you learn what activity you have to do to burn those calories you just ate, ie; bag of M&M's, it takes walking the length of one football field to burn the calories from one (1) M&M, so multiply that by how many M&M's are in a bag, WOW. That was more of an eye opener for me than how many calories.

When I turned 40, I weighed 220 lb. not a pretty sight on a 5'3" body. I lost 100 lb, and even better went down 4 sizes. I didn't change what I ate, just how much I ate, and upped my exercise/weight training routine. My goals were also small, 10 lbs at a time - instead of thinking OMG I have to lose 80 - 100 lbs., that's overwhelming and self-defeating. That was 16 yrs ago and have kept it off. You have to remember that you didn't gain that weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight.

Good luck to everyone, getting healthy is always a good idea. and yes, I still eat those M&M's.
    I've also set small goals. My goal is to lose 5 pounds a month. It was 10 pounds a month but I wasn't losing any weight. Since I changed my goal to five pounds a month, I've lost 20 pounds.

I have fatty liver disease so losing weight isn't just cosmetic, it's actually life saving because fatty liver can lead to cirrhosis and cancer. I also worked out all winter because I wanted to fit into a wet suit so I could surf. I was so fat the last couple of years I actually had to get someone to zip my suit up for me-which was an SA nightmare, but I worked out all winter and I lost 20 pounds and I can zip up my own wet suit! I'm also surfing better than I have in years.

I drink green tea and fast when I'm working then I eat at night. On days I workout I eat normally.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    I've also set small goals. My goal is to lose 5 pounds a month. It was 10 pounds a month but I wasn't losing any weight. Since I changed my goal to five pounds a month, I've lost 20 pounds.

I have fatty liver disease so losing weight isn't just cosmetic, it's actually life saving because fatty liver can lead to cirrhosis and cancer. I also worked out all winter because I wanted to fit into a wet suit so I could surf. I was so fat the last couple of years I actually had to get someone to zip my suit up for me-which was an SA nightmare, but I worked out all winter and I lost 20 pounds and I can zip up my own wet suit! I'm also surfing better than I have in years.

I drink green tea and fast when I'm working then I eat at night. On days I workout I eat normally.
    Congratulations, I know it's not easy. It seems easier to just give up, who cares. But when you do it for yourself, that's the best. It's been a long time since I was in a wet suit and even in the best of shape they are not the easiest to zip. I never did any surfing, but scubaed in the Puget Sound, cold water, wet suit required. Again, way to go.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    5 foot 3, 149 pounds. Looking at being roughly 130. Goal , 2 pounds each week.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.