Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Depression Counselling

I was also in depression since last year bat now i am ok i think depression is nothing is it only minor point , if you are in depression so go meditation centers they will give good guidelines for exit to it or so many online web counselors like brightideaspsych.com, over ther you will obtain good way to exit................Thats my Opinion whts your..........????

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Depression is nothing minor. And staying stuff like that on here isn't the best idea. I've been in hospital because of depression.

Although yes, if you want to get better, than counselling therapies such as meditation are the way to help. You've gotta take responsibility for getting better yourself, because no-one will do it for you. The same is true of anxiety. You can get support and sometimes you need it, and you can take meds but they can only do so much. The real challenge is defeating it yourself.

It's interesting because I was seeing my occupational therapist earlier, and she's given me a site with a load of info about meditation, mindfulnes, a couple of mp3 downloads with guided meditation. Here. http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/

There's a lot of stuff on it, and my OT's said she uses it a bit. I've had stuff sent over to me from a pdoc. Some of it won't be relevant to you because it covers a lot of mental health issues, but there's some helpful stuff on there.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure this is spam guys
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Meditation doesn't help depression. It can help anxiety and stress, but it doesn't help depression.

And especially if someone is suffering from bipolar or schizophrenia. There are some instances where medication is needed.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Meditation doesn't help depression. It can help anxiety and stress, but it doesn't help depression.

And especially if someone is suffering from bipolar or schizophrenia. There are some instances where medication is needed.
    Pretty much this. I don't think anyone particularly likes these meds, let alone wants to take them. We just don't have a choice. It's dangerous telling a bipolar person to come off there meds and go and meditate. Chances are, we'll just go manic.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been suffering from a few light manic attacks the past few days, because I decreased one of my medications. That is only one medicine.

I'm leveling off now, and feeling stable again, but everyone has noticed. I had a manic attack in my therapist's office, and she noticed it. She's referring me to a possible therapy group.

Telling someone to meditate instead of taking medicine is a stupid idea. No, not stupid...dangerous.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.