Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The internet doesn't provide a great example for what people think of you. The impersonal nature of it and the relative anonymity it offers tends to bring out the worst in a lot of people, allowing them to say or do things they would be far more hesitant to do or say in person. I've taken to trying to just ignore or outright avoid the internet hate machine when I see it flaring up somewhere, which works out most of the time but occasionally I still get drawn in to some degree or another.

If nothing else I suppose all of the negativity on the Internet makes for a nice contrast when you do run into cool people you enjoy talking to—most of the time, at least, as it's nigh impossible to find someone you'll never have even a minor clash with on occasion, but that's fine so long as people can cool down and let it pass.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    I don't always come off the way I want to on the internet, it's not like in real life. I often think that people dislike or even hate me on forums or on Facebook.
    Story of my life. I always feel ignored and sometimes disliked on forums. I think I must come off as really boring/uninteresting, I don't know. I think I'm more of a likeable person in real life than online cause I rarely feel disliked by people IRL, quite the contrary.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    You know what? I saw this thread for the first time and got sidetracked.

I just wanted to let you know that I don't hate you at all. In fact, I like you and I think you're very supportive to me and to others. Online anything is a weird place because we can't see each other. The majority of communication is body language so without seeing someone's expression it's very common to misunderstand their intentions. Also there isn't immediate responses which can equate to "nobody is interested," "nobody likes me," etc. The positive about online friendships though is that it can be a safe place to talk to someone because we can't see their expressions. I know I've backed down telling people what's really on my mind when I've only touched the surface and they have a look of horror.

But I like you here and I think you've been an important part of this forum for a long time.

Cindy
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I don't hate you man, or anyone for that matter. You're a kind and insightful person. From the old place to here! Also you have the same name as me so
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.