Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I Hate Mothers Day

I just do. I hate the memories, I hate the void in my life that aches today more than other days. I hate that people seem to think I should be happy today more than other days. I don't feel happy. I feel drained and harassed by the ghosts of my childhood that I wish would just leave me the hell alone. I feel inadequate because in spite of all my reading, observing and fighting to learn how to be a mother I never had one and so I don't feel like I know what I'm doing with my own children. My mother slept, ate, cut herself, slapped me or was in a mental hospital throughout my childhood. The only down times from that were when she was in a verbally abusive argument with my primary caregiver. Mothers day reminds me more than any other holiday of where I come from.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do too. I love my mom because she's my mom. Beyond that, meh, I can only give so much back to the woman. I was abused by her for as far back as I can remember, about 3 years old. I was slapped, punched, had glasses and dishes thrown at me. Lots of trips to the emergency room. When she wasn't hitting me or telling me I was trash and wasn't wanted, she was in her room with the door locked getting drunk and high. I'll never forget that. Or how when I was 16 she tried to kill herself. There's no doubt in my mind that she's the reason why I'm as screwed up as I am.

I called her today. I wished her a happy mothers day. I told her I love her. I talked to her for maybe a minute, at the most. And when I hung up I let out a sigh of relief that it was over with.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty lucky to have my mom. She's the only one who has stood up for me and always been there for me.

If there was an aunt's, or uncles, day, that is a day that I could hate.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't shrine anyone on this day.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about on other holidays? Do you shrine them then?

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.