Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mac vs. PC

Let the neverending holy war begin!!

For me personally I would prolly say mac by a smidge. Love the OS but man is paying for one of those things like getting punched in the stomache (stop with the price gouging apple! )

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Apple fucking sucks!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have always had a HP desk top and currently have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I love both. Don't have much experience with MAC, so I'm biased based on not much information.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll say PC but I've never used a Mac more than a few times so my vote is biased. That said I'm not too fond of windows 8, prefer older versions.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I've got a Windows 8 laptop, we get on okay. I don't get all the windows 8 hate. It's pretty easy once you work out how to use it.

I can't afford a mac, so that's not an option. Besides, I like my OS. I've looked into linux, but I've never downloaded it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I've got a Windows 8 laptop, we get on okay. I don't get all the windows 8 hate. It's pretty easy once you work out how to use it.

I can't afford a mac, so that's not an option. Besides, I like my OS. I've looked into linux, but I've never downloaded it.
    Window's 8 REALLY sucks. I found window's 7 to be 10 times better.

My choice between Mac and Windows 8, I would choose Mac. My choice between Mac and Window's 7, I would choose window's 7.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Bean the Mean View Post
    Window's 8 REALLY sucks. I found window's 7 to be 10 times better.

My choice between Mac and Windows 8, I would choose Mac. My choice between Mac and Window's 7, I would choose window's 7.
    Yer, Windows 8 seems to be one that you either hate or you love. I didn't have much of a choice though. I can't afford a apple mac because I'm a poor student and I'm on little enough cash as it is. I loved Windows 7 and that was what I hate before this, but that laptop was breaking down a bit. Nowhere around here sold Windows 7 for some reason. Windows XP...was okay. I looked at chromebooks but they seemed to be a bit useless and you couldn't really do much.

I didn't like the look of Windows 8 much when I was looking at what to buy, but I've gotten used to it. I don't get half the apps still...and I probably never will. Apps are for my phone and my IPod, NOT my computer. I don't know why I'd download the email app when it would take me half a second to fire up chrome and type in the URL.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yea I havent heard the greatest things about windows 8 but I havent had an oppurtunity to really test out the new OS. It seems the problem is is that the OS is geared towards touchscreens, while many people still use traditional laptops which seems to be the main gripe Ive heard . I still wouldnt mind trying it out though!

Monotony's Avatar Undisputed Supreme Ruler of the Universe
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Linux unfortunately you cant play 99.9% of games on it

My dads GFs laptop has windows 8 and I keep having to figure out how to do simple crap for them like taking photos from their phone or camera and putting it on their laptop. Windows 8 is actually so much of a piece of [BEEP] they even managed to make something so simple a pain in the ass, Seriously whoever decided to remove the start button and every one who agreed with them should be crucified.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Monotony View Post
    Linux unfortunately you cant play 99.9% of games on it

My dads GFs laptop has windows 8 and I keep having to figure out how to do simple crap for them like taking photos from their phone or camera and putting it on their laptop. Windows 8 is actually so much of a piece of [BEEP] they even managed to make something so simple a pain in the ass, Seriously whoever decided to remove the start button and every one who agreed with them should be crucified.
    Its not that hard. You either press the windows button or drag the mouse into the corner of the screen to get the start screen up. And then you do what I do, and move all the apps you actually use to the start of the start screen, and get rid of all the stupid ones (WTF is Skydrive?) Windows 8 is actually pretty good once you get used to it or work out how to use it. I still don't get the apps though, and I rarely use the windows store. Apps are what I put on my IPod. This is not an IPod, this is my computer.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    PC. I actually prefer UNIX, but it is dying - being replaced by Linux.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like Macs because they're almost too user friendly. Technology is meant to be struggled with.
    patient
    fine
    balanced
    kind

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Prefer PC, but im not into the who retarded fanboy bullshit.
    There almost isn't so wide a diff now, considering my PC is both a PC, a Mac or runs Linux, depending on what I chose at bootup.
    A mac is just now an x86/x64 PC with a diff OS pretty much.

Ont Mon's Avatar •_•
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've always used PC, so yeah.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Its not that hard. You either press the windows button or drag the mouse into the corner of the screen to get the start screen up. And then you do what I do, and move all the apps you actually use to the start of the start screen, and get rid of all the stupid ones (WTF is Skydrive?) Windows 8 is actually pretty good once you get used to it or work out how to use it. I still don't get the apps though, and I rarely use the windows store. Apps are what I put on my IPod. This is not an IPod, this is my computer.
    Skydrive is a cloud service where you store whatever you want, for either free or a "pay as you store more" fee. It's part of Cloud Computing, kind of like iTunes Match or Google Music for mp3s, except you're storing actual files rather than music.

I run Skydrive on all my computers and phones, and can drop things from my phone into Skydrive and it'll instantaneously show up on my computers. I can also pull things from my computers to my phone, and share them anywhere. It's useful for businesses and college students.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but just wanted to tell you what it is.

And the reason why Windows is going towards Apps is that they're trying to sync things from their Windows Phone to their Windows OS. It makes it easier for those who have Windows 8 phones to play games and have things stored easily. It's meaningless for me, though, because I have an Android phone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.