Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    IndescribableIndescribable
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Allowing doctors to put me on so much medication.
    *Fart noises*

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is an interesting thread. Full disclosure, I didn’t watch the video, but I read all of the posts.

So I’m trying to think of all the paths I didn’t choose, and the choices I’ve made and as I type this I understand that I alone have been responsible for all of my successes and all of my failures.

For me to try to articulate a regret that I have is one moment in time. Just one moment.

I was about 25 and driving to my mother’s house with my 2 year old in the back car seat. I was a full time single working mother and what I remember is this:

We were driving on back country roads and my daughter said ‘look mommy, a swing set! Can we stop and play?”
    “Please mommy”

No, I responded, let’s just get to where we are going.

I regret that moment. If I could do anything again, it would be to stop the car and say “OF COURSE. LET’S GET OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN”

I didn’t enjoy the ride, the moment, the simple request to stop the car and go play on the swing set.

That moment in time, however fleeting it was, is a metaphor for all of life’s wonderful moments that i missed, as i was too busy trying to get from point A to point B. And in realizing this regret i can simply say that yes, it’s true. Happiness comes from the journey. Never the destination. It’s about this glorious journey through life. So to anyone that can hear me...Do you know?
    Stop what you’re doing and dance in the rain, sing as loud as you want and go play on the swing set when you see a playground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.