Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anxiety About Getting Help

I need to, and I even have an appointment tomorrow but I still cannot seem to get over the anxiety. I mean either way I'll go and be honest with how severe the symptoms are but it still causes a lot of anxiety. I guess part of it is It's gotten so bad I feel they'd have reason to consider involuntary commitment...I would probably go willingly since I have nothing to lose since the symptoms don't let me enjoy anything or even function. But I guess the thought really scares me and so I am afraid I'll downplay my symptoms, maybe if I do end up doing so out of anxiety they will be able to see through it.

Anyways can anyone else relate to this? or have any advice.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I can relate to it. Oh hell yes, I can relate to that. When it comes to involuntary commitment, chances are, they won't. They don't want to do that, that costs them money, and they'll only consider if you are suicidal (and have a plan and intention to do it and they're convinced you will do something) or if you're at risk of harming another person. My symptoms are pretty severe at times too, so heck, hugs, it's horrible. I haven't had to go inpatient for anxiety though, just outpatient.

Is this your first appointment? If it is, then it will probably be some kind of assessment thing, they'll probably ask you questions about your childhood, mental health history, if theres anyone in the family with a mental illness, questions like that. Knowing what to expect might help you.

If it comes to, showing them how anxious you are maybe a good thing. It might show them how bad it is. Don't worry about being hospitalized though, I'm pretty certain it won't happen.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Hey sweety.

Firstly, well done on making the choice of getting assistance with your difficulties. I found the best way for me to get my point across was to write everything down. This way I wouldn't leave forgetting to say something. You could read it or let the person you see read it for you.

As Otherside said, unless you admit to being a danger to yourself or others (where I am from anyway) they cannot have you brought to hospital involuntary.

You may get asked what you want from the service they can offer. The first time is scary and maybe you could start with telling them that you are really anxious about being there and that you are afraid of leaving stuff out.

Let us know how you get on hun
    Take care
    J.x
    life---> <---me

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.