Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For those with ADHD: Which of Dr. Amen's 6 Types of ADD do you suffer from?

For those with ADHD: Which of Dr. Amen's 6 Types of ADD do you suffer from?

I think I would fit best with Type 2. Inattentive ADD and Type 3. Overfocused ADD.

http://add.about.com/od/adhdthebasic...aniel-Amen.htm

Dr. Amen's 6 Types of ADD

Type 1. Classic ADD (ADHD) -- inattentive, distractible, disorganized, hyperactive, restless, and impulsive.

Type 2. Inattentive ADD -- inattentive and easily distracted, but not hyperactive; sluggish, slow moving, low motivation, and often described as space cadets, daydreamers, couch potatoes.

Type 3. Overfocused ADD - inattentive, trouble shifting attention, frequently get stuck in loops of negative thoughts or behaviors, obsessive, excessive worrying, inflexible, frequent oppositional and argumentative behavior. May or may not be hyperactive.

Type 4. Temporal Lobe ADD - inattentive, irritable, quick temper, aggressive, dark thoughts, mood instability, and severe impulsivity. May or may not be hyperactive.

Type 5. Limbic ADD - inattentive, chronic low grade depression, negativity, "glass half empty syndrome," low energy, and frequent feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness. May or may not be hyperactive.

Type 6. Ring of Fire ADD - inattentive, extreme distractibility, angry, irritable, overly sensitive to noise, light, clothes and touch; often inflexible, cyclic moodiness, hyperverbal, and opposition. May or may not be hyperactive.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I relate most to inattentive and overfocused ADD as well.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ah number 2. Made my life suck haha

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've always been type 1 and my oldest son type 6. I just started back on my ADD med (Strattera) and even though I feel really grouchy the first two days, I'm already able to actually finish what I started. I knew it was time to go back to the med when I was doing a hundred things at work each day for only 2 minutes a piece. In other words, I wasn't getting anything done.

My son is so type 6 that he had special services in school and had to go through Vocational Rehabilitation to help him get through college. He's a computer animator today though, so his creativity paid off. Dr. Amen was the turning point in my son's help. I went to his workshop to get some CEU's for my license and came out totally enlightened about how to deal with my son.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Type 2: Inattentive, though everything in Type 5: Limbic applies to me as well.
    If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because man, they're gone.
    --Jack Handey

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ha, omg. 6 for sure, with hyperactivity.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.