Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When someone says, "toss," in the UK does it mean masturbation?
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Urban Dictionary says it's similar to not giving a crap, but

toss by itself can mean what you said. Also, tosser = wanker.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think KC started this thread because she was questioning HER OWN thoughts and feelings instead of this being a weight judging thread.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Never heard of that one, sorry. Basically means the same thing as "I don't give a shit" or crap or anything, as toaster little said.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

TheDarkness's Avatar Sarcasm Inc
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Caleb View Post
    I know, right? so what if their obsess/anorexic. Does that make them any less of a friend? which is exactly the reason why I can`t relate to this thread.
    I mean, yes, I get the idea. I know that its human nature - that everyone is judgmental to sum degree. And, ultimately, it is how we act that's going to count, not how we think.
    But the thought process and how such conclusions are made, is what I cannot relate to. Sitting across the table from someone that`s suppose to be my friend,
    staring at how they eat and start playing petty little mind games with myself - that is the mind-set which I cannot relate to. To me that is rather peculiar.

Also. I dunno about you Otherside, but if I caught a friend of mine staring at me for no apparent reason, I would ask them what gives.
    And if their answer wouldn't be respectful, I would ask them to rephrase themselves. And if they started going all D.r Phil on me (just for the sake of making themselves feel better),
    then I may even [BEEP] slap them back to their senses (which is something ive done). Believe me, sometimes that works wonders. Also. Its a friend, not a date.
    Why would I even bother myself with even attempting to think this way? Besides. People with obesity and anorexia also have opinions.
    And if they can accept me as I am (and lord knows I got flaws), then surely I can oblige the same curtsy.
    Which isn't a hard thing to do, as shutting up about certain things is also a part of being someone`s friend.
    The bits in bold are the bits I get, the bits that really are pretty important here. I've had thoughts at times that I've regretted, haven't we all? But as I've said before and you said, it's how we act that makes all the difference. And I'm not going to ditch my friend over something as shallow as the fact that she's overweight, or the fact that they have anorexia. Heck, it's not her appearance I care much about, to be honest, if someones anorexic and is denying the fact and giving a "do I give a damn?" attitude and "I'm not going to eat and you can't make me and the doctors are just plain stupid and the second this section (I don't know what you call it elsewhere, but it's basically forced hospitalization) gets lifted I'm not going to attend anymore appointments", well, you're more worried about that attitude that how it appears being with someone who looks anorexic. As it is, it would be pretty hypocritical of me since I look like I am (I'm not). I've been told that I eat oddly at some point...that I chew oddly, however that's supposed to be possible. I wasn't aware there was different ways in which someone can chew food.

I'd do the same here though. If someone is staring at me for what seems to be no reason, I'd ask them why. Although it probably is most likely because I managed to get ketchup on my nose or something...man, I can be such a messy eater at times. I wouldn't be very appreciative though if someone was to judge me for what I'm eating, and say that to me.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

TheDarkness's Avatar Sarcasm Inc
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't offended in the least by KC's post - not that anyone said I should be.

I'm actually relieved that someone had the courage to post something so transparent about themselves. I have terrible, judgmental thoughts all the time and I have to stop myself like a parent and say, "knock that crap off". It happened just the other day with my friend's nephew's funeral reception. He was 11, died tragically, it's been super horrific for everyone involved, and I couldn't attend the funeral for personal reasons. But I wanted to cook for the reception, so I did. I spent a lot of money, time and effort, and when I arrived at the church where the funeral was held - they told me the reception had been moved to a different church, across town, in a location I wasn't familiar with.

I was pissed off, I'll admit. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was. I'm not familiar with the baptist churches in town, no one called me to let me know this change had happened literally overnight, and I was anxiety-ridden over arriving at the new venue with all this food and running into the family arriving from the burial. I did not want to face the family; I couldn't stand the thought of seeing their grief, being reminded of my own lost child, so I was upset, nervous, scared - but on top of it, superficially, I was fucking pissed that no one bothered to mention to me that the reception was moved - and I'd just talked to the pastor the day before about the dishes I was bringing.

And after I dealt with the "funeral crew" of ladies in the kitchen when I dropped off the food, I was super pissed off. They were rude - they work all the funerals for their parish, or whatever they call baptist church groups - and they basically tossed the two meals I'd brought onto a counter and told me they needed desserts, not more meals, and said if they ran out of food they "guessed" they could throw out what I'd brought for the family and mourners to eat.

Soooo. By the time I was in my car, driving back home, I was furious. But it took only one errant thought of the family burying their little 11 yr old boy to completely change my mood. And I felt like an absolute dick for how angry I'd been over something so inconsequential compared to the bigger picture. No way would I ever mention it aloud, no way would I ever say anything to my friend, even to ask, "Why'd you guys move it across town?" Who cares? It doesn't even matter. When my daughter died, I couldn't even tell you my name much less where the hell we were that day.

There's my transparency. I actually got mad for half an hour at a grieving family because they didn't "check in" with me about their plans on a horribly painful day.

That's how much I suck sometimes.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I totally screwed this thread, but I guess I needed to get that off my chest. Sorry -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.