Thread: Witchraft

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Witchraft

So, washing a documentary today about child abuse, mostly in the name in Withcraft. I'd put the link of, but I suspect with most of you being US or elsewhere, you'll get a message telling you it's unavalibille outside of Britain. It's not so nice stuff...it's probably naive of me, but it's still hard to believe that this stuff still happens in 21st century first-world countries. Hard to believe it happens anywhere, in fact. Most of the documentary was in Congo, where the person came from. She too had suffered this abuse from relatives who believed she was possesed by a demon (or what they call "Kindoki") and had witchcraft.

Why? Why does this happen? I'm sure we all know about the witchhunts that happened centuries ago...if you were a witch, you were burnt at stake. Not saying that's okay, but why now? This is supposed to be the 21st century, for heavens sake.

I mean some of these beliefs...you wouldn't think that any sort of sane person with half a brain would believe anything like this. There was one little boy who was being beaten, forced to drink hot palm oil, and then left to starve for three days because people believed that he was possesed by Kindoki, snuck out at night to kill people and drinked there blood, and that he had a telephone in his stomach that he was using to contact other Kindoki. It's horrivle that the parents believe in these belief so so much that they believe they're doing the right thing for there child. It's horrible how these beliefs are preached by pastors, who are then paid to do a "deliverance". Why are these children accused? Because someone else in the family got sick or died, or even just normal things that a young children might do, such as wetting the bed at night. Talking to one of the children, there was one that said that the right thing had beeen done.

It's horrible.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I cannot respect practices that disgust me. There are so many cultures that permit and condone terrible things - abuse, neglect, torture, rape because of their f*cked up superstitions and beliefs. And they're so stubborn, backwards and ignorant and it would take so long to educate them / change their minds that I don't know if there's any hope for them. But for starters, most of those shamans should be arrested and thrown in jail, and required to pay for a license and regular fees (which should be high) in order to ''practice'' as a deterrence. All invasive procedures should be illegal. And it needs to be enforced.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Its just an excuse to do horrible things. When people do horrible things and blame it on a religion or use some excuse like that it sickens me. At least they should admit they are cruel because they want to be.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.