0 Post(s)

Anxieety attacks or panic attacks?

is a difference or no?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Panic attacks- The symptoms are more sudden, more intense, shorter lasting (around 10 minutes or so), often seem to come out of the blue, and includes a load of these:

1. palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate
    2. sweating
    3. trembling or shaking
    4. sensations of shortness of breath or smothering
    5. feeling of choking
    6. chest pain or discomfort
    7. nausea or abdominal distress
    8. feeling dizzy, unsteady, lightheaded, or faint
    9. feelings of unreality (derealization) or being detached from oneself (depersonalization)
    10. fear of losing control or going crazy
    11. fear of dying
    12. numbness or tingling sensations (paresthesias)
    13. chills or hot flushes
    Anxiety attacks are less intense, but last longer (weeks, months) and have similar symptoms to a panic attack

• Muscle tension
    • Disturbed sleep
    • Difficulty concentrating
    • Fatigue
    • Restlessness
    • Irritability
    • Increased startle response
    • Increased heart rate
    • Shortness of breath
    • Dizziness
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    can a panic attack cause someone to have an anxiety attack cause sometimes after i panic im really jumpy, easily go into another attack, am tired, dizzy (especially if i passed out and have been woken up) i'l shake for a while and sometimes struggle to sleep that night. i can be like this for hours as well as being really withdrawn and quiet to the point where im frightened of everyone and hate any attention thats on me

Keddy's Avatar The Awkward Conversationalist
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DrunkDrunk
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've noticed that when I have an anxiety attack, it's for a prolonged period of time like a few days or a week. During that period of time I usually stop eating (or if I try to eat, I vomit) and lose weight, don't sleep at all, and can only carry out basic hygiene functions like brushing my teeth/showering. Other than that I stay in bed. I feel very alert but exhausted at the same time. I usually shake and feel like I'm freezing cold.
    For example, when I found out I had appendicitis, I had an anxiety attack that lasted until a few days after my surgery.
    When I have a panic attack, it's usually out of nowhere and feels like I'm dying, for lack of better words. I usually get scared that all my organs are failing or shutting down or I think my heart is stopping. Sometimes I black out or faint or even vomit. I can't breathe easily and I choke and I'm usually quiet, unless it's a severe one and then I cry or scream. I feel cold and can't get warm and I shake for the entire duration of the panic attack. Mine usually last 5-20 minutes but never more than 30 minutes.
    Hope this information was helpful.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well when I panic it's not normally a fear of dying or heart attack or any of the typical thoughts. There's sometimes horrible thoughts that I'm aware of about horrible men or horrible acts done by men. I don't question I have panic attacks the hyperventilating crying shaking passing out inability to think clearly or stop shaking and there's no way to talk me down or out of it now I generally hyperventilate to the point of passing out
    However sometimes when I wake up I'm jumpy quiet jelly legged (can't hold my weight properly or stand straight) dizzy I'll be very quiet easy to set off into another attack if any attention is on me I can briefly answer I'm fine whatever you want okay then. It doesn't matter what it
    Is I'll just say anything to get people to stop looking or paying attention to me.
    My counsellor was intrigued by this when I told her but as it didn't happen throughout the time I saw her so it never was addressed but I never know if this is an anxiety attack or not because it can happen without me panicking first so that's why I think it may be anxiety as well as panicking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.