Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

but why people. is it like this.

the break away group. """""thing's are not like they used to be""""" they say

so.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Are you asking why there was a breakaway group from the other site?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    If you mean this site, then things aren't the way they used to be. That's a fact. There was mod changes sometime last year, and the mods refused to have any part in them. They went on strike, they resigned, and one of them started this place. A lot of the mods and Admins on here are the old SAS mods. Whether the mod changes were a good thing or not is a matter of debate. A lot of us on here have some not so nice stories from SAS or have banned ourselves, some post here and on SAS...there's someone that said you have more freedom of speech on SAS, which is ironic. I can critisize the site, the mods, or mention this place without being banned now. Before I could. I could probably say on this site "Joker's an idiot" or something and not get banned. (You're not an idiot, Joker. )

I'm guessing it's a "You have to had been there" thing. This isn't the first SAS splinter/rival site though, and it's not the only one that's active at the mo. There's actually quite a few around if you look about. SAS seems to have PO'ed a lot of people. The fact that theres this many older members on here should say something. I'm not sure how much of a rival site AnxS is though. It doesn't just cover SA, it covers the other types of anxiety too. (GAD, Panic disorder, OCD, Agraphobia, etc) SA isn't the only thing I have, a lot of us seem to have more than one anxiety diagnosis. Sigh...when you get one, you get more.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    If you mean this site, then things aren't the way they used to be. That's a fact. There was mod changes sometime last year, and the mods refused to have any part in them. They went on strike, they resigned, and one of them started this place. A lot of the mods and Admins on here are the old SAS mods. Whether the mod changes were a good thing or not is a matter of debate. A lot of us on here have some not so nice stories from SAS or have banned ourselves, some post here and on SAS...there's someone that said you have more freedom of speech on SAS, which is ironic. I can critisize the site, the mods, or mention this place without being banned now. Before I could. I could probably say on this site "Joker's an idiot" or something and not get banned. (You're not an idiot, Joker. )

I'm guessing it's a "You have to had been there" thing. This isn't the first SAS splinter/rival site though, and it's not the only one that's active at the mo. There's actually quite a few around if you look about. SAS seems to have PO'ed a lot of people.
    Sometimes change is good in that it forces us to grow and look at our past mistakes. I think this place is a great example. We saw things that didn't work and "fixed them" for here. I see a ton of people here that act differently than they do/did in other places. I've heard them actually say they wanted to start over. And they're kinder here.

It seems when people don't feel the need to constantly protect themselves, they can be inclined to be nicer to each other.

As for Joker? Well, he's the smartest, nicest, funniest idiot around here. *psst he's not an idiot.............just using him for visuals*
    He does tend to use scary clowns a lot in his avatars and discussions. My theory is he was kidnapped by clowns, beaten with a really big flower and ran away to join a gang of computer animators (hence Skippy). I'm still waiting for my research results to prove this theory.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    Sometimes change is good in that it forces us to grow and look at our past mistakes. I think this place is a great example. We saw things that didn't work and "fixed them" for here. I see a ton of people here that act differently than they do/did in other places. I've heard them actually say they wanted to start over. And they're kinder here.

It seems when people don't feel the need to constantly protect themselves, they can be inclined to be nicer to each other.

As for Joker? Well, he's the smartest, nicest, funniest idiot around here. *psst he's not an idiot.............just using him for visuals*
    He does tend to use scary clowns a lot in his avatars and discussions. My theory is he was kidnapped by clowns, beaten with a really big flower and ran away to join a gang of computer animators (hence Skippy). I'm still waiting for my research results to prove this theory.
    So...Skippy is Joker?
    On a side note, some of the smileys on this place anyway are pretty awesome Whats with the devil and the phone, anyone know?

Half the reason why this is place is so great is because of our nice, little community. We pretty much all know each other.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So...Skippy is Joker?
    No, two separate guys. Sort of like the Mod Squad of forum mechanics. One has great ideas/ know-how and the other one makes it into awesome blinking lights with robots and space cars. Then you add Ventura who's a genius with marketing and the mods who are cool and you just can't lose with a system like that.

But you know though...............I'm beginning to suspect this whole Homer J ghost thing is really Joker. I'll let you know my findings on that investigation.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    No, two separate guys. Sort of like the Mod Squad of forum mechanics. One has great ideas/ know-how and the other one makes it into awesome blinking lights with robots and space cars. Then you add Ventura who's a genius with marketing and the mods who are cool and you just can't lose with a system like that.

But you know though...............I'm beginning to suspect this whole Homer J ghost thing is really Joker. I'll let you know my findings on that investigation.
    Yeah, if you manage to ghostbuster zap that ghost, I'm interested. Perphaps Joker is the 500 year old dead ghost who can somehow type. I think we need a warning on this site. WARNING-HAUNTED. HOMER J MAY POP UP EVERY NOW AND THEN AND POST ODD MESSAGES ON THE TESTING FORUM DESIGNED TO CONFUSE PEOPLE!!! THESE MESSAGES ARE CODE!!! HOMER J IS WORKING FOR THE KLINGONS!!!!

Meh, that star trek movie was odd.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Meh, that star trek movie was odd.
    Derailment for a sec - spoiler alert below..............

you have to know the history of Star Trek to get the meaning of a lot of it. Watch the movie "The Wrath of Khan" to figure out it what's going on.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Good to know. I was just torrenting it...so I'll stop now and grab that one first

To get back on topic, I think SAS is still a decent place, and that most of the idiots there will leave. Over the years there have been plenty of them, and the fact that they tend to have quick tempers and bore easily means they're off to troll the next forum within a few weeks. I'm not going to leave either site.

Random: We need a new Matrix movie. That series bent our collective brains in a good way, I think.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Ventura View Post
    Good way of looking at it.
    It's what I say to myself whenever I see an unnecessary hashmark the the word "swag." The other thing I think is, STFU kid

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will be concentrating my posting over at this place more often with the new changes "over there". Tired of being kicked in the teeth.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.