Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not telling people "bye" when you leave.

This is something I still have to work on every single time. Every now and then I'll forget, and then someone is like "bye!" and I turn around to either wave or say "bye" also.

Sometimes I see them being busy with conversations or work, and I don't want to bother them. When it comes to employers and teachers, I make more of an effort every time (because I pretty much have to).

Do you guys ever struggle with this?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Do you mean after a conversation or when you are leaving the building?
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never say 'bye' unless I have to. Just feels awkward to me.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Do you mean after a conversation or when you are leaving the building?
    Just today it was when I was walking to leave the room when I saw the girl was busy with stuff she was working on. We had stopped talking a while before that because she was focused on her computer screen.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, if the person is busy with something I'll feel like I'm intruding, so I don't say it...then they think I don't care. It's kind of a double-edged sword.

What gets me in trouble is leaving without turning around, after saying goodbye after a date. We're supposed to walk backward and smile and keep waving until we're gone, I think lol. But that's just not me. I'm already in motion if I've said goodbye, and I'm not looking back.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's one of the social cues I struggle with the most IRL.

ev0ker's Avatar Moron Member
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    now that i think about it, i rarely say 'bye' when departing from a conversation/person/people etc in irl. i usually say 'i'll see you later' or just 'ok/alright, see ya'.. something along those lines anyway.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah. So awkward when I have to wait for people to stop speaking so I can say bye..

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This happens to me a lot, even online. I get distracted from a conversation, or neither of us replies for a while. For me it feels natural to just leave, but sometimes i get confused or angry responses afterwards, asking why i left. As i try to explain that i thought the conversation was over, we had nothing to say, i feel guilty for not saying good bye. But sometimes i feel so drained i just want to leave without notice. Selfish, but safe.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also often just leave without saying anything. I also hate good mornings unless I'm really friends with the person. Like when you are one of many in a line waiting to clock in, do you really have to say good morning to everyone? I really hardly ever do and aren't sure if that is ok or not? There are people the only thing I say to them is good morning and they usually say it back or nod or something. We have a new boss at work and he is really big on greeting everyone. I really hate it. It is so fake. I've kind of learned to fake a smile and a friendly good morning and thank God he leaves quickly although if I spot him early enough I try to find a good spot to hide like the rest room for five minutes.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can barely say hello let alone bye.
    When I'm involved in conversations I usually just leave after the other person or people get distracted with something or someone else. Maybe this isn't the best approach, but I don't care enough to make the other person feel comfortable. The main thing on my mind when interacting with others is figuring out the fastest way to book it.
    If there is no exit route without speaking I'll mutter a see ya.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.