Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would Dissociative Identity Disorder be related to

Would Dissociative Identity Disorder be related to a tendency to daydream during traumatic events? Dissociate means to sever the association of (oneself) or separate. Since daydreaming is technically dissociating from reality (or entering a different level of consciousness), would daydreaming that the traumatic event is happening to somebody else (maybe an imaginary friend) cause Dissociative Identity Disorder?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi doggy,

http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/di...tity-disorder/

Apparently its due to many factors? Ill see if there are any journals on it.

Not sure if they can test that exact theory? Being able to remember daydreams from 10+ years back, would be quite difficult?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I don't think daydreaming causes DID but I've never read any books or articles on the subject.........not even in graduate school. I think daydreaming is a form of dissociation in that you drift into a subconscious place rather than be grounded and present in the world at that moment. I think it's like when you're driving and you can't remember if you stopped at that last red light.

From what I know of my own dissociation, I know that I tend to "go away" when something is too stressful for me to think about or feel.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.