View Poll Results: Are you pro-choice, pro-life, or you don't care?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro-life

4 13.79%
  • Pro-choice

24 82.76%
  • Don't Care

1 3.45%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Joker View Post
    I don't have the required equipment and even if I had an opinion I can't force my views onto someone else, how rude and disrespectful would that be.
    I don't either, but I do know that I won't just use it on anyone, so pro-life for me!
    I see babies and am glad their moms said NO to abortion.

Natey's Avatar Fightin' For Freedom
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    To be honest, I don't like thinking that's there one second after which a life is a life, and that it would be okay to abort a foetus before that one second. I suppose the fact that a fertilized egg has the potential to become life is enough for me, really. The mother doesn't always give birth after conception. She could have a miscarriage. But then that's nature and not humans deciding that the child should not be born.

A while back I would have been Pro-life. Now...I don't know where I stand, but I don't like the idea of people aborting children due to the fact that it's inconvienient at the time for them to give birth.

Honestly? I hope I'm never in the position where I have to make a decision like this. I can't imagine I'd be able to go through with aborting a child. I'd be more likely to put him/her up for adoption if there was no way I could care for it myself.
    I appreciate the honesty here! You are definitely right in your assumptions, so you are on the right track, and I understand the fact that the mother has to share her body with the infant makes it a sticky situation. But, I believe God wanted to give the honor to women to birth and raise the next generation or humans, what is more honorable and important then that? I like to use a hunting analogy. If you are hunting deer and you see something out of the corner of your eye, you don't shoot right away. Why is this? Because it COULD be a life... I think the same precaution should be taken with the unborn, just given the chance they COULD be life, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of that coin... Just a thought for you to chew on though. I know its about as likely to change someones beliefs as it is to win the lottery, but I just want to make a case maybe you have not heard before.

xxxxx
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really have an opinion on this. Although I lean towards being against it.

Firstly, how do you define what constitutes a human being? Is it a biological creature with human DNA who can think? If that is so, then newborn babies are not human and could be "aborted".

Or perhaps a human being is a post blastocyst embryo that developed a spine and a brain of sorts and resembles a baby. But that definition is also pretty vague as I can't figure out the cognitive differences between a blastocyst and a newborn baby.

Either way, I know that abortions are seen as necessary in cases of handicapped embryos, teenage pregnancies and rape cases. But I still can't quite figure out how an abortion is more morally right than killing a newborn baby. I get the feeling that a lot of people are pro-choice because it's more convenient for them. Everyone in this world is pretty selfish.

I'm not religious or anything, so I'm totally unbiased.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pro-choice.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy crap this has been up for a while. Forgot almost that I didn't vote until I saw my own post....
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Hadron View Post
    I get the feeling that a lot of people are pro-choice because it's more convenient for them. Everyone in this world is pretty selfish.
    Yeah it probably is more convenient for a poor woman to abort than to raise a kid she can't even provide for.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.