Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My sig as a bumber sticker

I'm thinking of turning my signiture, "I'm mentally ill, and I like high powered assault rifles and high capacity magazines" and turning it into a bumper sticker and putting it on my truck.

Do you think it's an awsome idea??? or just a really good idea???
    I don't get a signature.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well it's deliberately provoking people. Up to you if you want to stir people up like that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    Well it's deliberately provoking people. Up to you if you want to stir people up like that.
    How so??? A mentally ill person is ten times as likely to be a victim of violence as they are to commit a violent act themselves. Obviously, if anyone should own a high powered assault rifle and high capacity magazines it's someone who's mentally ill??? Right???
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    How so??? A mentally ill person is ten times as likely to be a victim of violence as they are to commit a violent act themselves. Obviously, if anyone should own a high powered assault rifle and high capacity magazines it's someone who's mentally ill??? Right???
    No, that logic is totally flawed. But that's beside the point. There's already been recent serious crimes committed by mentally ill people using guns. It's fresh in your (I live in a different country) national psych so in the context it's deliberately provoking people and I don't believe you are as oblivious to that fact as you make out to be. There's already huge stigma against the mentally ill, what your doing doesn't particularly help. Even if you are trying to make a statement / make people think, some people would interpret it as you being plain callous and inflammatory.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    No, that logic is totally flawed. But that's beside the point. There's already been recent serious crimes committed by mentally ill people using guns. It's fresh in your (I live in a different country) national psych so in the context it's deliberately provoking people and I don't believe you are as oblivious to that fact as you make out to be. There's already huge stigma against the mentally ill, what your doing doesn't particularly help. Even if you are trying to make a statement / make people think, some people would interpret it as you being plain callous and inflammatory.
    Why should someone who's mentally ill not have the same rights as anyone else??? You're from Australia right??? In America we have the second ammendment to our constitution which is the right to bear arms-including high powered assault rifles and high capacity magazines. The only people not allowed to own assault rifles are people who have a felony. Why should people who are mentally ill be treated as felons??? Mental illness is not a crime. In fact, a mentally ill person is ten times as likely to be a victim of violence as they are to commit a violent act themselves How is that logic flawed???
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    The only people not allowed to own assault rifles are people who have a felony.
    So why are you getting all defensive about gun ownership of the mental ill ?

And all I said was your suggestion that mentally ill people NEED guns to protect themselves from others is illogical and beside the point. I never said anything about who deserves rights for what. My point was you're perpetuating the stigma against the mentally ill with your shitty bumper sticker idea.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, in other words, you think the mentally ill should be treated like criminals even though they are ten times more likely to be the victims of violence than they are to commit a violent act themselves?
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I find it unfathomable how you managed to deduce that from anything I said in any of my posts. I can't be bothered repeating myself. You're just one of those people who deliberately misinterprets and misquotes for your agenda and it just makes you look dim.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's no reason to use personal insults. Personal insults are against the board guidelines. I merely believe the mentally ill should not be treated like criminals.

I've never been called, "dim." I've been called many things, but that's a new one-lol. That's why I love talking to foreigners; you learn so many new things! But I really don't care how I look. I'm an American, therefore I value individuality. Americans' appreciation of individuality is why America is so great
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seems like it would be interpreted as a threat. Not constructive in the least.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    There's already huge stigma against the mentally ill, what your doing doesn't particularly help.
    mhmm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    There's no reason to use personal insults. Personal insults are against the board guidelines. I merely believe the mentally ill should not be treated like criminals.

I've never been called, "dim." I've been called many things, but that's a new one-lol. That's why I love talking to foreigners; you learn so many new things! But I really don't care how I look. I'm an American, therefore I value individuality. Americans' appreciation of individuality is why America is so great
    for the love of god, dont speak for all americans. and yea, i'll hold my tongue on what else i really want to say

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    So, in other words, you think the mentally ill should be treated like criminals even though they are ten times more likely to be the victims of violence than they are to commit a violent act themselves?
    howd you come up with that bullshit statistic?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ the tone of your posts paired with your avatar is making me lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *glares at you with my arms crossed even tighter*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.