Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Republican Congressman Cites Bible To Support Cutting Food Stamps

Republican Congressman Cites Bible To Support Cutting Food Stamps - While
    He Received 3.5 Million In Farm Subsidies

Stephen Fincher, a
    deranged Republican congressman from Tennessee, is very angry that the federal
    government is committed to preventing poor people from starving to
    death:

Republican Congressman Stephen Fincher of Tennessee, who supports
    cuts to the program, had his own Bible verse from the Book of Thessalonians to
    quote back to Vargas: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat,
    he said.

The reason this is even more egregious than the usual Republican
    class warfare is that Fincher himself is a poster boy for government dependency.

It's not just that he's benefited here and there from some government
    help. That sort of low-level hypocrisy is almost to be expected from these
    types. But Fincher has received millions - $3.2 million as of June 2010 - in
    federal crop subsidies.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat,”

Of course! The whole situation with the economy, the mass unemployment rate of current, the many many companies that are having to cut down...it's because they can't be bothered to work. Of course it is, so a couple people who fake a back ache to get out of work...and those that have been made redundant or lost there job because the company went under are being told that they're lazy.

Is this guy completley out of touch with the world???
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's funny you mention, "faking a back ache," because I have a herniated disk and degenerative arthritus and I've been told to, "man up, grow up ect" by christians, like I actually went through two back surgeries so I could get out of working. eye:roll

I was working as a scientific technician and I hurt myself picking up a salmon on a fishing boat and I lost that job. I made the mistake of telling this christian guy who played defensive end at Stanford that I lost this job because I got hurt and I told him it was my dream job and later he told me he was, "going to punch me in the face" and after that he chased me down and told me "to get a job" This christian supremacist scumbag actually came after me eight different times. He told me I sucked. One time I was driving behind him when he pulled off the road and waited for me to pass him then he followed me and all I did was tell him I lost my job because I got hurt, and it was kind of my dream job?

He's one of the reasons why I'm seriously thinking about buying an AK-47 and putting it in my gun rack of my truck so people like him realize I am capable of defending myself. It's not just him though. A couple other California transplant scumbags tried to hit me with their truck as I was walking down the road after surfing ect ect.

Anyways...guys like the congressman in this story don't realize how much they get for their money when they pay taxes that support social programs like food stamps, because the most dangerous person in the world is someone who has nothing to lose and someone who's starving is someone who has nothing to lose. Sure they can buy a pistol and hope they get the desperate person before the desperate person gets them, but it sounds like this guy has it pretty good, and it would be a shame to lose it all just like that because he didn't want to pay a few cents for a social program that gives someone who doesn't have anything something to lose-know what I'm saying??? The congressman could create a dangerous world, where he'll probably have to sleep with a pistol by his bed and maybe he'll wake up in time, but maybe he won't, and it would be a shame if he didn't wake up and reach his pistol in time because it sounds like he has a pretty nice life with the millions of dollars in farm aid he's recieved over the years and all-know what I'm saying???
    I don't get a signature.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Actually, I think he gives asses a bad name. This guy is EVIL.
    The hypocrisy is astounding.

http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Congressman Who Gets Millions In Farm Subsidies: Food Stamps Stealing ‘Other People’s Money

Congressman Who Gets Millions In Farm Subsidies Denounces Food Stamps As Stealing ‘Other People’s Money’

Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-TN) agitated against food aid for poor Americans included in the Farm Bill during last week’s House Agricultural Committee debate, accusing the government of stealing “other people’s money.” Funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has already been decimated in both the House and Senate versions of the Farm Bill, cutting off nearly 2 million working families, children, and seniors from food assistance.

Fincher invoked the Bible in his defense of the devastating cuts, quoting, “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

At a Holiday Inn in Memphis over the weekend, Fincher expanded on his version of the Christian social gospel: “The role of citizens, of Christians, of humanity is to take care of each other, but not for Washington to steal from those in the country and give to others in the country.”

While Fincher interprets food assistance for the needy as “stealing,” he has not similarly condemned the Farm Bill’s massive agricultural subsidies. In fact, he supported a proposal to expand crop insurance by $9 billion over the next 10 years. Fincher has a great personal stake in maintaining these particular government handouts, as the second most heavily subsidized farmer in Congress and one of the largest subsidy recipients in Tennessee history:

USDA data collected in EWG’s 2013 farm subsidy database update — going live tomorrow –shows that Fincher collected a staggering $3.48 million in “our” money from 1999 to 2012. In 2012 alone, the congressman was cut a government check for a $70,000 direct payment. Direct payments are issued automatically, regardless of need, and go predominantly to the largest, most profitable farm operations in the country.

Fincher’s $70,000 farm subsidy haul in 2012 dwarfs the average 2012 SNAP benefit in Tennessee of $1,586.40, and it is nearly double of Tennessee’s median household income. After voting to cut SNAP by more than $20 billion, Fincher joined his colleagues to support a proposal to expand crop insurance subsidies by $9 billion over the next 10 years.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...ney/?mobile=nc

"The sky calls to us

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Michele Bachmann Says If You Are Unemployed, You Should Starve

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/11...should-starve/

Not only does she show a lack of compassion but also a lack of knowledge about reality. Bachmann is saying that the unemployed should starve themselves and their families since they are out of work through no fault of their own. She might as well have added that the unemployed shouldn’t be allowed to have clothes or a roof over their head. This statement by Bachmann shows how much the Republican Party loathes the unemployed. They have zero compassion for anyone or anything. Even Jesus fed the needy. These Republicans have no Christian values at all, nor do they have humanity.

"The sky calls to us

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    God is our government depressing

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Sagan View Post
    Michele Bachmann Says If You Are Unemployed, You Should Starve

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/11...should-starve/
    Bachmann is heartless and cruel.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    You know, I wonder whether how many people who want to cut benefits will refuse to claim that and happily starve and be evicted, because they lost the job they had because the company they worked for went under. Countries don't become great because there's zero support if things go wrong. And in a world where we don't seem to be aiming for full employment (Which okay. I see the principle behind it. People will work harder, but it still beats me), especially in a time when the economy is currently as it is, well...I don't see how any country can call itself a first world country if it starves people in the name of "freedom".
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I tink if said congressman would do his research he would discover that most of the "lazy" people he is talking about that qualify for all the social assistance programs actually hold down part time jobs at fast food and retail service industry jobs. Some people I work with actually hold down one or two three of these jobs. Often when they walk to work, not something I would like to do at 3 a.m.
    My husband has a good job, however, the constant stress of the company trying to get more done with less people. The new plan they have is to declare 30 hours is full time, so they can keep health insurance, but it gives them a 10 hour per week pay cut??? I wish stuff like this would stop, but I really don't see any end in sight. It is actually worse here now for us than when the recession first hit other areas.
    I understand that republicans are concern that the amount of people seeking assistance has climbed and it is bankrupting the government, but there is so much unemployment or underemployment. I think these republican people are so very unaware of how dire the situation is. If it wasn't for the unemployment assistance benefits and welfare there would have been homeless starving people wandering the streets.
    I live in a rural area, the first sign I noticed when things started going south was how many people got some chickens and a garden.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    The focus is all wrong. The food stamps are there for people who really need them. For those just taking advantage for the sake of free food, they need to be working. On the flip side, there is no motivation to create jobs and the stagnation is wearing everybody down (astonishingly, it has been dragging on for "unknown" reasons). For those of us who are still employed, we need the help and we aren't getting it! Therefore, we have to work more for the same pay. The economy is still bad, and everyone is affected. Throwing the insurance in (hmmm.....delayed? Hmmm....political tactic or ineptitude?) is going to be yet another wrench for companies possibly further suppressing job growth.

We get the American June unemployment rate on Friday July 5. It will be interesting to see what happens. It's been over 7.5% for years now. (That's a minimum 1 in 15 who are ACTIVELY looking who are unemployed)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Republican Congressman Cites Bible To Support Cutting Food Stamps - While
    He Received 3.5 Million In Farm Subsidies

Stephen Fincher, a
    deranged Republican congressman
    from Tennessee, is very angry that the federal
    government is committed to preventing poor people from starving to
    death:

Republican Congressman Stephen Fincher of Tennessee, who supports
    cuts to the program, had his own Bible verse from the Book of Thessalonians to
    quote back to Vargas: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat,
    he said.

The reason this is even more egregious than the usual Republican
    class warfare is that Fincher himself is a poster boy for government dependency.

It's not just that he's benefited here and there from some government
    help. That sort of low-level hypocrisy is almost to be expected from these
    types. But Fincher has received millions - $3.2 million as of June 2010 - in
    federal crop subsidies.
    You have to watch these articles....a bias is already present in the first sentence. Calling anyone "deranged" is going to present an automatic slant before anything is read.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These people cite Jesus as their hero, and then they don't follow what he taught. They are false Christians.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.