Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Cat Cafe Coming To San Francisco

This isn't a joke. You're not dreaming. It's real, and it's mew-tacular. A tea cafe featuring a bevy of therapeutic, adorable cats is set to open in San Francisco this year. Christened KitTea, founders Courtney Hatt and David Braginsky describe the venture as "part 'gourmet tea house' and part 'cat and human oasis.'"

The goal is to provide homeless cats a place to call home. According to the website, the cafe plans on opening this Spring. How will it work? Like this:

Patrons will partake of all the enjoyment and therapy that cats provide, while enjoying healthy blends of exotic teas that are ecologically sourced from around the world. Our cats will enjoy a high-quality, elegant home constructed expressly for their pleasure.

-snip-

http://sfist.com/2014/01/22/breaking...to_san_fra.php
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Omg yes finally!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This would make me so happy to be in. I miss my cat a lot, and I absolutely love tea.

y u no calgary?!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think cat cafes are great. I've read about similar places around the world and I whole heartedly agree. Petting cats lowers blood pressure. It's like being a grandmother. You get to rile up the kitties, enjoy them, but then you don't have to clean up after them. The perfect grandma role.................and with tea and cookies!
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that these business models are successful is the best testament to the idiocy of san franciscans that i can find. any other way you try to corner san franciscans about their idiocy they'll go 100% denial and evasive mode on you. but in the cat cafe, they'd be too soothed by the combination of cats and tea to fight your allegations. so you could call them on their idiocy and there, only there, not meet the obstinate head shaking that is typical of san franciscans when confronted about their illogical, irrational expenditures. that said, if it was puppies and coffee then you could probably cajole me into going, but only if you cajoled me a lot! then i'd be one of the idiots, but the puppies! i would cave to the puppies. and if you wanted to confront me about the way im spending my money well don't you dare because i'll shove, ILL SHOVE YOU YOU HEAR ME. puppies inspire youthful rebelliousness more than solace which is better offered by cats.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.