kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Camping Trip Exposure

I'm going on a backpacking trip this weekend with complete strangers. As someone with SA, this will be a "flooding" exposure for me. I think I've been advanced enough in my therapy from being a shut-off hermit to someone who's striving to improve the quality of life in social situations. I'm very nervous to say the least and worried about everything like how they would think of me, or if I will be accepted into the group since they already know each other. I might even be completely ignored or rejected. It won't be the first time thats happened. Its just that I'm starting not to care so much anymore. Has anybody felt the same way?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully there will be alcohol.

I've tried to connect with people, but I'm at the point now, I've had so many bad experiences, I've come to the conclusion I would just rather be alone.
    I don't get a signature.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Marine View Post
    I admire your chutzpah for doing this and it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'm wondering how you found this group of people? I once met a group of strangers for dinner and it took a tremendous amount of will for me to not turn my car around. But it turned out ok. It's hard to imagine you getting snubbed in this situation. It actually sounds like a good way to connect with people and make new friends since you'll probably be relying on each other.
    I found the group on Meetup.com. I've been looking for a backpacking trip with people, since I don't want to go by myself. But now I'm not so sure. It seems like most people are twice my age (50+) and I haven't received more email response about carpooling and gear sharing except from one other person. I'm definitely an outsider, but haven't I always been?

Quote whiteman View Post
    Hopefully there will be alcohol.

I've tried to connect with people, but I'm at the point now, I've had so many bad experiences, I've come to the conclusion I would just rather be alone.
    lol, I don't think there will be much alcohol. Spending two days with strangers can be intimidating though, and I won't have any way to leave.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would be more comfortable around an older group, but I'm coming to the realization I'm old. I'm not 50, but I'm old.

That's cool you found them on meetup .com. It's cool because you're taking chances, and your trying to improve your life. I have an appointment with an art gallery tommorow, and I'm dreading it, but it could improve my life. If it wasn't for SA I would be excited, but instead I'm dreading the appointment-damn SA-lol But you have to take chances, if you want to have a life. SA can control your life otherwise and once that happens, it can get worse.
    I don't get a signature.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.