Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fear of going outside

Some days I wake up pretty much afraid to get up and do things. Its like a fearful feeling (not anxiety) like something bad will happen. I on these days am scared of going outside (not in an anxious way..). Its not an anxious feeling, its kind of like a sad lonely feeling (but more afraid type..).

Its usually because of something im anxious about. But can happen even without that. I dont want to go outside. I feel fear when I go outside but not anxiety..

I hope this makes sense lol.

How is this possible? I dont understand why I just feel afraid without anxiety. Recently I have been able to distinguish it as a feeling , not reality.

Where does the feeling come from?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's possibly a coping mechanism of anxiety. Your blocking the physical anxiety out and just having fear. It sounds like over all general anxiety of the "fear" aspect of things. Depression can also lead on thoughts and have lack of motivation even though not fearing?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote InHouseAllDay View Post
    It's possibly a coping mechanism of anxiety. Your blocking the physical anxiety out and just having fear. It sounds like over all general anxiety of the "fear" aspect of things. Depression can also lead on thoughts and have lack of motivation even though not fearing?

I never thought of it that way. I tend to 99% of the time not get anything close to a panic attack ( really fast heart beat everything sped up). It seems to instead slow down. I tend to have an automatic avoidance button. Only when I don't avoid or do things immediately does by heart start racing and my hands shaking. But the avoidance tends to have the opposite impact of a panic attack, everything slows down and becomes too blurry. Time is distorted. Avoidance is just different, instead of an anxiety reducer, all it does is prevent certain symptoms and replace them with others. To me its buying time. Because I think 'tomorrow ill find a way to do this'. Some stuff I only do because im stuck between a rock and a hard place and im just forced to do it despite the anxiety.

Im not afraid of going outside. Perhaps im afraid of breaking my own distortions. If I go outside my problems will become real again. It would break the coping mechanism.

But yeah maybe its just depression. That makes the most sense since there is no cognitive reasoning for it. Im still getting use to the idea that depression causes such moodswings. Maybe If I could just remember "its a mood swing, its not reality" it might help a bit .

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I'm beginning to get to this point. I'm seriously beginning to hate having to leave the houes for any reason. Then again, for me, it's that I get irritated by little noises a lot of the time and I'm convinced I'm being followed by something...it's like I have this feeling that someone is behind me...it's horrible. I can barely leave the house without my IPod at the mo.

I've been told that avoiding it is most likely making it worse...
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate going outside when the neighbors are outside. That's the reason why I built 6' fences all over my property-lol. Hopefully someday I'll buy a house without neighbors. Fortunately, I live in the country, and I have a lot of space. But there are days when it takes all I have to go outside.
    I don't get a signature.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.