Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

female supremacist/feminist misconception

How many people on this forum mistakenly believe being a female supremacist /feminist means you believe in equality?
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really?
    "She rules until the end of time
    She gives and she takes
    She rules until the end of time
    She goes her own way..."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    How many people on this forum mistakenly believe being a female supremacist /feminist means you believe in equality?
    First female supremacist and feminist are not interchangeable and should not be used as a slash word. Female supremacist predisposes the person to believe in the supremacy of the female group, such as in cultures that are matriarchal or even in BDSM where the man wants to submit to the woman, or just that women as a group are better than men.

Now we can debate what feminism means, people have defined it broadly or narrowly to suit their needs and/or arguments. For me, feminism does not necessarily mean equality,(as most people are wont to define equality as 100% equal) men are not all equal to other men, so why should women be completely equal to men. I believe that women should be allowed the same opportunities, I used to say we don't want to own the team just let us have the opportunity to be on the team. Women cannot do all jobs, for some there are physical limitations, again men are not equal in this respect either. However, if they are capable of doing the same job and meeting the same requirements/qualifications then they should have the same pay. And equality is never a 50/50 proposition, I would say that my relationship has equality and sometimes it is 60/40, 80/20 or 40/60, 20/80, it just balances out in the long run.

I think it is sad that some people have to subvert feminism into female supremacy, a small sub-set that gets way too much attention.

Just my opinion.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    You are REALLY going to have to elaborate on that. And I have to agree your use of supremacist/feminist is erroneous.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    You are REALLY going to have to elaborate on that. And I have to agree your use of supremacist/feminist is erroneous.
    Every feminist I have ever asked has said the feminist movement is an empowerment movement. In other words, just like any other supremacist movement, the feminist movement is a power movement. It’s not an equality movement. If it were an equality movement, wouldn’t it be concerned that a man arrested for a crime spends 63% more time in prison than a woman arrested for the same crime??? No, they’re not concerned that men spend more time in prison, but they are concerned that there are more men who make crazy amounts of money, than there are women who make crazy amounts of money-despite the fact that there are more women who make between 70 and 80 thousand dollars a year than there are men who make that much money a year, and there are many more people making that much money a year than there are people making millions and millions of dollars a year.

On another anxiety site, a feminist said you are a feminist if you believe in equality, but that’s not honest. You’re not a feminist if you believe in equality. You’re a feminist if you believe in their theories, like womb envy, rape culture, men are responsible for women with low BMI’s appearing in fashion magazines ect ect.

Trust me, I used to think being a feminist simply meant you believed in equality, then I went to a feminist university, and I learned what feminists actually believe.
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote whiteman View Post
    Every feminist I have ever asked has said the feminist movement is an empowerment movement.
    Quote Dictionary
    empower |ɪmˈpaʊə, ɛm-|
    verb [ with obj. ] make (someone) stronger and more confident, especially in controlling their life and claiming their rights.
    Thread Closed.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.