Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Petraeus Scandal

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...486_story.html

The scandal that brought down CIA Director David Petraeus started with harassing emails sent by his biographer and paramour, Paula Broadwell, to another woman, and eventually led the FBI to discover the affair, U.S. officials told The Associated Press on Saturday.

Petraeus quit Friday after acknowledging an extramarital relationship.

The official said the FBI investigation began several months ago with a complaint against Broadwell, a 40-year-old graduate of the U.S. Military Academy and an Army Reserve officer. That probe led agents to her email account, which uncovered the relationship with the 60-year-old retired four-star general,
    This is an intriguing case, to say the least. After spending a lifetime honing such a admirable career, and gaining overall respect on both sides of the aisle, Petraeus threw it all away. I have to wonder what the connection the unnamed woman has in all this and why Broadwell would be sending her "harassing" emails. Petraeus could have been a very strong contender for the 2016 Presidential election but with this scandal still unfolding, I sincerely doubt that will happen.

colleen's Avatar drinkingwithbabies.gov
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have never heard of this guy until the scandal hit a head. Shows how much the media gravitates to the more trashy side of things.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really? Petraeus has been a well known figure for quite some time. In addition to being director of the CIA which he just resigned from, he had a rather high level military career and was heavily involved in Iraq and Afghanistan. He name has been in the press for years.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a lot of respect for him, and I'm not sure I agree with his resignation, and so abruptly. There must be more to the story.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh I agree with you VERY MUCH on that, Sparrow. I think this story has just begun to unfold. He has had many commendable years of service and is a brilliant man who seems to have made a large scale mistake. I hope it doesn't completely ruin him. However, I do think he can forget about running for political office, or at least that of the presidency.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    There is something definitely up with the biographer part.
    The timing wouldn't make any difference. Whether or not he wants to testify about Libya, he can still be subpoenaed.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.