Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I dunno what to do or how to cope with this...

Ok, I'm not too sure how to say this, but something horrible happened to me tonight.

I'm not one to be bothered by much, but man this took the cake...
    I had a very terrifying experience. I can't talk about it. I wish I could, but I hope like hell that
    my mind somehow blocks it out for good.
    It affected me so badly that I've been sitting up all night. Dunno if I'll sleep for weeks! I was in a state of pure terror; I couldn't sit still I couldn't pace about I wanted to run far away. Curtis had gone to bed not long before, so I was alone. I called someone for help and for the
    1st little while they could not calm me. I was having INTENSE bouts of sheer panic, and as I write this I am so afraid I'll lose control of
    myself again, tho I'm feeling better'ish now. I did wake Curt up at one point it got too much and boy was he unhappy. He didn't know what happened so he didn't understand.
    I'm still in shock...

I dunno how to cope with this, maybe there's no way but I feel like I have nothing better to do than vent here at least.
    To top all of it off I'm still sick with flu, pretty badly I might add, and can't get any sleep cuz all I can do is sit here in the living room with the TV on. Funny that I was completely unable to pick up my laptop....

It's getting light out....I think I should go out for a walk to clear my head up a bit. Fuckin' hell, man....... >__<

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It sounds like a trauma reaction? I've had acute stress reactions before. They are truly awful, I know. I was gripped by an almost paralysing fear and sometimes it felt like the world took on a dark and sinister atmosphere. It should get better with time though. Often it only lasts a day or two. When I was in one I took beta blockers which helped a lot. But if you don't have medication that works on acute anxiety I suggest just trying to do things that you find relaxing, comforting and distracting. Spending time with people / pets, coming on here, whatever. Hope it goes away soon.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    (((Skippy))) I'm not sure what is going on, but you know I'm always here for you. Anytime you need to talk. At some points in the past 4years now?? (Wow, has the time flown) you have been one of the best and kindest people I've talked to and will always have a special place in my heart. I know a lot of the horror you have overcame in the past.. and this too, shell pass.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Skippy, I don't know what has gone on but what you've described is most likely a trauma reaction. If it affects you to the point where you cannot regain control of yourself, I strongly urge you to contact your doctor or go to A & E and allow trained professionals to assist. Your mind probably won't block this out and it'd be a bad idea if it did because it needs dealing with.

It's also possible, depending on what's actually happened, that you started going into shock. But it's okay. Something's happened and you reacted. The important thing is to get immediate help if you feel you cannot control yourself or are in danger.

Hope things become okay again.

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Ventura View Post
    (((Skippy))) I'm not sure what is going on, but you know I'm always here for you. Anytime you need to talk. At some points in the past 4years now?? (Wow, has the time flown) you have been one of the best and kindest people I've talked to and will always have a special place in my heart. I know a lot of the horror you have overcame in the past.. and this too, shell pass.

Awww, thanks, hun! You too will always have a place in mine!

Quote takethebiscuit View Post
    Skippy, I don't know what has gone on but what you've described is most likely a trauma reaction. If it affects you to the point where you cannot regain control of yourself, I strongly urge you to contact your doctor or go to A & E and allow trained professionals to assist. Your mind probably won't block this out and it'd be a bad idea if it did because it needs dealing with.

It's also possible, depending on what's actually happened, that you started going into shock. But it's okay. Something's happened and you reacted. The important thing is to get immediate help if you feel you cannot control yourself or are in danger.

Hope things become okay again.
    Yeah, I was in shock. What sucks the most is it happened when no one was around to help me cept for me being on phone for awhile. >< Didn't get ANY sleep at all, cept for only a a short nap since like 10am yesterday morning. (I sure will in a few mins tho!)
    I'm ok now, for the most part. It's still slightly there in the back of my mind but it seems to have been blocked pretty darn fast cuz man I was almost unable to control the terror I was in, but now I seem to have recovered quickly. I'm not too sure why it happened....I did notice that beforehand I felt really afraid for some odd reason. I was never in any danger, physically, but I've never felt so afraid in my life. I have decided it's best I just never speak of it and move on.

Don't anyone worry bout me; I'm ok now. My flu is juuust going away now and I got a job interview tomorrow! Everything's gonna be fine.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.