I got mine when I was 15 only because of my mom. My sister was a couple of months old at the time & I was keeping her while my mom worked since I had just dropped out due to depression & bullying so I agreed to watch her to keep myself occupied. After awhile though that made me more depressed & I wanted to get out so I went to work with mom one day while my sister stayed with her father. My mother is a Mascot for Great Clips since they're good to her knowing her health isn't good to really work anywhere else anymore after having my sister at 40 & they work with her schedule.

She was also best friends with the boss. She let me hold the sign and advertise with her for awhile & then eventually she walked up to me & asked did I want to be a 2nd mascot whenever my mom doesn't work. I agreed & was content doing that for 2 years until we got a new boss & she let me go to cut back so she doesn't have to pay for 2 mascots.

Now I only cover for my mom unless its a real emergency but I'm not an employee anymore. I liked that job though. Sure there was some people that gave me middle fingers and made fun of me but I could listen to music in my headphones up on a hill while people just drive by. I wasn't forced to dress in any costumes since they knew my anxiety couldn't handle it. I tried it before so yeah.

I really didn't have to communicate with people which is why I liked it. Now the next job I get I'll 98% most likely have to. 😪