Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Avoiding things that eventually leads to huge problems in your life.

One of my biggest problems is that whenever I am faced with an anxiety-provoking situation, I avoid it like the plague even when it has to get done and not doing is going to create a huge snowball affect and get me into an even bigger problem.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know what you mean. And when you stop, you have to bear with the consequences of previous avoidance as well.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I avoided my sisters wedding

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote compulsive View Post
    I know what you mean. And when you stop, you have to bear with the consequences of previous avoidance as well.
    Those consequences make you want to avoid even more.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am 34 and living at home with my parents, just now planning to move out and terrified. So you can say I've had my avoidances. lol

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I relate I'm still in high school, but my anxiety is so bad I avoid classes and certain essays or projects. Im terrified of being around so many people in a class and of talking to teachers.
    Its ruining my life. Avoidance can't be the answer, but I don't know what to do. Im so frustrated, the school has tried accomodations but getting to school is still just as hard as walking right through a cement wall. But no one else sees the wall, they just keep telling me, "walk forward! Come on, whats the problem!"
    The more people push me forward, or remind me of the consequences, the more I avoid.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do that, I avoid things that I know I really should be doing. I've been avoiding this group therapy for months now, run by one of my psychiatrist's colleagues. He's trying not to show it but I think he's really frustrated with me, he's tried every rational explanation that there is to get me to go. I get as far as the front door to leave, and then I flake out at the last minute, every time.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Because of what sets most of my anxiety off is normal teenage behaviour I don't avoid it I try and forget about it and just get very happy when I don't panic. I've been through enough things when I was little that could have made me want to shut the world out but I managed through that so I just don't think there's any point in letting it rule me or my life. I sympathise with others that can't do that all the time I've struggled with avoiding things once or twice as well

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like avoidance is about the only thing I know how to do anymore. Being aware that at best it merely delays the inevitable and at worst makes problems bigger than they originally were doesn't seem to stop me from engaging in the behavior, unfortunately.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.