Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quotes that Inspires You

Post quotes that inspires you.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm here for the story.
    Life is a journey, and there is no predicting the outcome. The only thing you can control are your choices, and they'll define who you are.
    —Richard Castle from TV show, Castle.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
    —Steve Jobs at his Stanford Commencement Address.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Life is but a memory Happened long ago. Theatre full of sadness For a long forgotten show.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.
    - Maya Angelou

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time, more intelligently.
    - Henry Ford

Come sit down beside me, I said to myself. And although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I sat on a fence.
    - Michael Leunig

One day in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
    - Freud

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    "We are all made of starstuff" - Carl Sagan

Just thinking about that sentence blows my mind sideways each time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Maya Angelou:

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.

Nothing will work unless you do.

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr:

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.

Mother Teresa:

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    "And the trouble is if you don't risk anything, you risk even more"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Groove is in the heart

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the next best time is now
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    “I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.”

― Frida Kahlo

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to know yourself, you have to think for yourself, Socrates

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Something that inspired me wasn't really a pithy quote it was a something the dwarf actress Linda Hunt said, she said that it wasn't until 3 years after she decided to be an actress that she got up the courage to go to her first audition. Knowing that someone that shy could eventually make it was very moving to me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People may forget what you said, People may forget what you did, but People will never forget how you made them feel! (unknown author)

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's a few.

"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives." — Alan Sachs
    "The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. It was the experience of mystery -- even if mixed with fear -- that engendered religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, our perceptions of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which only in their most primitive forms are accessible to our minds: it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute true religiosity. In this sense, and only this sense, I am a deeply religious man... I am satisfied with the mystery of life's eternity and with a knowledge, a sense, of the marvelous structure of existence -- as well as the humble attempt to understand even a tiny portion of the Reason that manifests itself in nature." — Albert Einstein
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." — H.P. Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody that can quote Lovecraft is cool in my book. :} +1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.