Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Keep it cool. Cool people never show emotion. Keep it cool.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "She’d told her brother and me that for as long as she could remember, she’d just known that she was going to get herself a Mexican, marry him, have a bunch of kids, and wait for him every day.

she’d always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom while her man went out into the world and worked his [BEEP] off to keep their kitchen full of frijoles, tortillas, and carne asada. And she’d looked so happy saying all this. Not the least bit confused or scared or ashamed of what people might think. Not even her parents, who’d refused to sign the papers so she could marry before she was eighteen because they wanted her to go to college—being so smart and beautiful—and marry a college graduate."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not sure if this is inspiring or i just like it a lot cuz it's one of my favorite writers, chesterton, talking about one of my favorite ppl, carlyle =D

"Probably his few mistakes arose from his unfortunate tendency to find “shams.” Some have supposed this to be the essence and value of his message; it was in truth its worst pitfall and disaster. A man is almost always wrong when he sets about to prove the unreality and uselessness of anything: he is almost invariably right when he sets about to prove the reality and value of anything. I have a quite different and much more genuine right to say that bull’s-eyes are nice than I have to say liquorice is nasty: I have found out the meaning of the first and not of the second. And if a man goes on a tearing hunt after shams, as Carlyle did, it is probable that he will find little or nothing real. He is tearing off the branches to find the tree. I have said all that is to be said against Carlyle’s work almost designedly: for he is one of those who are so great that we rather need to blame them for the sake of our own independence than praise them for the sake of their fame. He came and spoke a word, and the chatter of rationalism stopped, and the sums would no longer work out and be ended. He was a breath of Nature turning in her sleep under the load of civilisation, a stir in the very stillness of God to tell us He was still there."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A Hero is a Hero at all points; in the soul and thought of him first of all." -thomas carlyle

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Q: Do you have any other messages to the kids as far as keeping it going and being true to yourself?

"Don't give up on yourself andd question, not just authority, question everything. Do not be afraid to be smart. They tell you you should only be athletic in school but it's more important to be smart.'

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    So true

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.