I suffer from agoraphobia so I am not leaving my home anytime soon unless its a trip to the er or a doctors office but at my docs there is an elevator and thankfully he is on the 3rd floor but I always make sure it is just me and my hubby inside that box I feel people watch me and know I am a mess and on escalators I just can not stand someone standing right behind me or right in front of me because what if I need to cry or throw up or I need to walk up it faster it is the WHST IF'S for me and what if someone did take a photo of me laying on the floor usually all you see are people taking photos with their cell phones . Luckily in my area I don't think is an escalator I used to go up the one at JcPenny's store over in KY but then I finally stopped I quit going up one. My Neuro surgeon his office is on the main floor at the James Cancer center thank goodness but the testing is up higher Ughhhhhhhhhhh so it is bad enough that I have to go up in a Metal Box but there are so many people at the OSU Hospital you can not get alone in a elevator so I always take a vomit bag and keep my face down and I do have to use a wheelchair.