Thread: The Sun

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

The Sun

Anyone else notice any difference in mood/anxiety levels on lovely, sunny days, as opposed to the grey, overcast, generally pretty crappy weather days that I've generally had over here for the last months. I swear, it seems as though people are almost...happier, on a sunny day. May seem like an obvious statement to put out there, may be a well known fact, but still...I've never fully been in belief of the "power of the sun" thing...but it seems to have a small effect...it does seem to make me feel better.

My mother swears by it. She's been suffering from Depression for a while now, and in the winter, she'll sit by a light-box, saying that it helps her feel better. With it being July and finally Summer now, she's sitting outside a lot. I would, but the heat is really beginning to bug me and I don't exactly find boiling that comfortable. I swear I feel the temperature more extremly than others...or something. I dunno...

True, excuses as to "why I have not been sitting outside" and I probably could sit here and say "but the sun gives me a headache" (Is true) or "But I have very pale skin that burns easily" won't really fool anyone, let alone myself. I really could go out a bit more. Fact. Sunshine, exercise...that's gotta be better than sitting indoors all day?

I may have posted what may be the most obvious thing on AnxS. But if anyone didn't know this...there you have it. Sunshine. Is supposed to help depression. Makes people happier. And although it's not the ultimate cure...sadly the magic pill for anxiety, depression or mental illness does not exist, and it will most likely will be a combination of things that will help you recover from it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I have another kind of SAD: seasonal affective disorder, though I think for most people the season that effects them negatively is winter. Well, mine's summer. I do, however, enjoy sunshine and am usually happier on sunny days.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.