Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Does anyone else ever wonder why them? Why me?

I'm not looking for "it's a chemical imbalance" or anything. But why me? This seems like some sort of sick joke, some kind of punishment. Why am I terrified of talking to people? What did I ever do to deserve this? I've never killed anyone, never stolen anything, heck, I even obey the flipping speed limit most of the time. I know some people have it worse and I'm sure they wonder why them as well. I'm not trying to belittle anyones suffering.

But why? Why did it have to me that ended up with an anxiety disorder and this feeling of panic half the bloody time for no other reason but...well, for the hell of it, it's beginning to seem.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I know. I don't understand meaningless suffering at all. It's just seems so randomly tragic to have been given this burden so early in life. There's no point to any of it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The way I see it, SA is somewhat of an evolutionary malfunction. I think the ultimate 'joke' for us is that we are equipt with normal and capable body's, feelings and emotions, but brains that are unable to use them to reach normal goals, so we are stuck, missing the part that reaches fulfillment in most.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It's a sick joke. Needing people in my life, I guess by nature because we're social creatures, but being completely terrified of them. Nice job, brain.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After I had finally been diagnosed with bipolar II, along with post-traumatic stress disorder, sad, gad, and panic disorder....
    After I witnessed my girlfriend's suicide.....

I asked my psychiatrist the "why me" question.

Her answer was "some people are just born to suffer".
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a friend that was dying from ovarian cancer, and her husband had asked that same question. Why her. Her answer just blew me away and changed the way I thought about things like this. She said, 'Why not me, what makes me so special that this wouldn't happen to me.' So now I ask that same question, why not me, when I start feeling sorry for myself and it helps refocus me on how to help myself instead of wallowing in my self-pity.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote James View Post
    I asked my psychiatrist the "why me" question.

Her answer was "some people are just born to suffer".
    Are you quoting yourself and them verbatim? Because I find that staggering. That's a pretty terrible thing for a psychiatrist to say in response to a patient. Hearing that from a medical expert could drive a vulnerable person to utter despair and to want to kill themselves.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    Are you quoting yourself and them verbatim? Because I find that staggering. That's a pretty terrible thing for a psychiatrist to say in response to a patient. Hearing that from a medical expert could drive a vulnerable person to utter despair and to want to kill themselves.
    Yes, she said some people it seems are just born to suffer. I remember it because I walked out of that session with a feeling of total and complete hopelessness. In fact, if memory serves I went home and self-harmed.
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved. ~Iris Murdoch

Your girlfriend's silence might be her loudest scream.

If you still have more dreams than regrets, congratulations. You haven't gotten old yet.

Spend every moment like it's your last. Hug her, kiss her, hold her, like it's the last time that you ever will. Because it might be.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I believe it's because we're possesed by demons

At least that's what the minions would have said 200 years ago.
    I don't get a signature.

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    I had a friend that was dying from ovarian cancer, and her husband had asked that same question. Why her. Her answer just blew me away and changed the way I thought about things like this. She said, 'Why not me, what makes me so special that this wouldn't happen to me.' So now I ask that same question, why not me, when I start feeling sorry for myself and it helps refocus me on how to help myself instead of wallowing in my self-pity.
    This makes me feel so much better, thank you for putting things in perspective.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^My friend was truly incredible and we all still miss her. I consider this an amazing gift she left me with.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.