Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had an altercation with a professor at my university

A few days ago residents moved into the dorm I work at. Staff members are not allowed to touch any residents luggage or belongings as the university can be sued if anything is damaged. Thus, there are people who volunteer to carry supplies into the buildings for residents.

There was one guy, who is apparently a professor at my university, who was working as a volunteer and carried people's stuff in for them. As he was coming up the steps, he asked me if I could held him with carrying a bag. I told him that we're not allowed to touch anything. He replied "Are you kidding?" and asked someone else for help. He then said "Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it."

From then on each time he went up and down the stairs he would stare maliciously at me. I could not believe this man was doing that. He was giving me the nastiest looks and made me incredibly uncomfortable.

Then, as he was leaving, he asked for my first and last name. I immediately assumed that he plans to tell my bosses about me in an attempt to get me fired, but told him anyway because there's nothing he can do. I followed the rules of the place I work and did not touch anything so I don't see how I can be fired for following the rules.

I'm just so taken aback that a GROWN MAN acted like this towards me. And not only that, but a professor at my school. People suck.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know while this dude's attitude toward you sucked. The University's policy sucks, probably because some previous student sued the University for damages which in turn sucks so I agree with you. People suck.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Overly cautious policies like that usually spring up due to a relatively small number of uppity individuals causing a ruckus and making things more complicated than they need to be for everyone else. We live in a rather litigious society these days where people will try to sue you over practically anything if they can and businesses and corporations are especially aware of it. That being said, If there was minimal risk of an incident I personally would have disregarded the rules and helped out, but I can't fault you for wanting to follow procedure either. Regardless of the fact that he disliked the decision you made, his response to it was rather petty and immature—holding a grudge over a bag is a tad silly.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think it's funny that university students cant do things for themselves.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.