Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the difference between anxiety and an anxiety disorder?

I know what anxiety is, I just don't know when having anxiety becomes a disorder. Can anyone explain it to me?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Anxiety becomes a disorder when it affects your life - like in a negative way and stuff.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    As said above, it can be seen as a disorder when it effects everyday living causing you distress. Everyone experiences anxiety at times.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is anxiety the same as stress? It sounds like being under constant general worry about nothing in particular. I still dont understand the difference between being really stressed out and having anxiety.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think if you let the stress get to you so much that it's all that you think about, that is a type of anxiety-related disorder. We all feel anxious and stress at points, but if it's always on our mind then it's a sign that something needs to change

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote kc1895 View Post
    Is anxiety the same as stress? It sounds like being under constant general worry about nothing in particular. I still dont understand the difference between being really stressed out and having anxiety.
    Quote Nelly View Post
    I think if you let the stress get to you so much that it's all that you think about, that is a type of anxiety-related disorder. We all feel anxious and stress at points, but if it's always on our mind then it's a sign that something needs to change
    Stress and anxiety are actually different, but can fuel each other into the "vicious cycle". Stress is the pressure we face - we can also put stress on ourselves. We can be stressed out without anxiety, though.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.