Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Colorado Town Mulls Letting Residents Shoot Down Drones

Source: Atlantic Wire

One small town in Colorado has decided to take a stand against drone surveillance. Deer Trail resident Phillip Steel has drafted an ordinance that would allow residents to purchase a permit to shoot down drones. "We do not want drones in town," Steel said. "They fly in town, they get shot down." According to the ordinance:

The Town of Deer Trail shall issue a reward of $100 to any shooter who presents a valid hunting license and the following identifiable parts of an unmanned aerial vehicle whose markings and configuration are consistent with those used on any similar craft known to be owned or operated by the United States federal government.

For just $25 a year, Deer Trail citizens can take a stand against government surveillance policies, by shooting drones down with "any shotgun, 12 gauge or smaller, having a barrel length of 18 inches or greater." Sounds good, as long as you ignore the fact that damaging federal property is a crime. Which, apparently, the citizens of Deer Trail are happy to do. Equally important is the apparent lack of drones flying over the town. Deer Trail, which is about 55 miles east of Denver, has a population of just over 550 people. It's not exactly a hot spot for whatever it is the government is looking for, and Steel admitted to never having seen a drone. "This is a very symbolic ordinance," Steel said. "Basically, I do not believe in the idea of a surveillance society, and I believe we are heading that way."

Read more: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...-drones/67290/
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Now THIS is how you properly use the 2nd amendment! lol

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not for damaging government property, but this is a very good idea, in a lot of ways.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.