Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I lived with one. She didn't flush her toilet and then she lied and said that the toilet was broken. I think they were passive aggressive.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    two. both were really competent. my mom sent me to one and made me go with her to the other (the other was for family therapy) and neither cost an arm and a leg either. i liked the therapists but i don't like to think back to them and remember how dumb i acted in it. therapy never really helped the issues. the individual therapy helped less than the family one because at least with the family one my mom was helped by it by having her needs for us all to be there having therapy satisfied. but that's not entirely fair to it, it did a bit more than that like it helped us make some changes to how the family unit (that's what we called it, the family unit) was working which made things be more pleasant with less arguments (we didn't really call it the family unit). but i did often leave therapy feeling really chatty and high up in the clouds. with both therapists i felt like that a lot after therapy sessions. that's some of the rare times i ever felt hyper since i stopped having friends (which was after middle school. all the therapy was during high school).

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One that I saw regularly while in jr. high and early highschool, after trying to commit suicide. I wasn't as aware of exactly what my problems were then, and wasn't mature enough to deal with them and really understand them. Now I know it's anxiety and I guess avoidant pd. I've thought about going back to one, but I don't really see how it would help rather than just being an outlet, and maybe gaining perspective. Not sure if it's worth it or i'd just feel pathetic.

She was cool though, I liked her. It would be her if I were to go back and if she's even still doing it, but I'm embarrassed of my younger self so..

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nurse in highschool, counsellor in a center for teenagers, at least 5 different when I was in highschool because I couldn't find someone with whom I felt comfortable.
    Starting two years ago, probably the same number. About 5 differents + doctor at the hospital and people at a center that included psychologist, psychiatrist, nurses (every meeting was with a different team of 3 people, so the large number for the center is not unusual).

Looking for a therapist with whom I feel comfortable, someone that would give me hope that things can change, and really listen, it is really tiring. I was told that it's normal to be looking, trying, contacting different people beforehand but each appointment costs money and time, and efforts. It means accepting going through the same things, explaining again who you are, what happened, accepting that it does not evolve when you are actually looking for change.
    I directly "settled" for a therapist after staying at the hospital for a couple days, I said to myself "shut it and do something, do not waste time trying and thinking "humm maybe". Do something". It was against everything I said above and everything I was told, but it has been useful for a year until it stopped being and started to be frustrating. So now I'm looking again and every first session seems absurd and I have no idea how to explain why I'm seeing them anymore.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have seen many therapists over my time... since a teenager, i seen 2 counselors at school, a psychiatrist while at school in high school, then i seen counselors at university and psychologists at the university clinic, I have seen a counselor at the community centre and at local hospitals,

I have seen one psycho-therapist that messed me up badly and just wanted my money and messing in my head - she worked from home and had no morals and boundaries about business and private life, i seen 2 other counselors who worked form home who were ok.

i have seen psychiatrists - one was a nice older lady, about 2 male ones as well and find them great really.
    and I also see psychologist as well.... I hate it when good ones retire... and you have to find a new one.

i also have called hotlines and also other free crisis care help or mental health community at the hospital.
    I think some charge too much and some at the hospital are a waste of time due to the whole public hospital system...

once you find a good one its best to stay with them and get the medications sorted is the most important thing .....

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yup. One therapist and two psychiatrists here. My former psychiatrist told me she was "baffled" by me and that even after three years, she couldn't diagnose me. Nonetheless she came up with some good med combinations. Since I work in MH and know the various treatment approaches, I looked up a therapist who had the approach I thought would work best for me.

Because a lot of times psychiatrists will stop prescribing a controlled substance that has been stabilizing a person (just spontaneously, and totally wreck that person's life), I think it's important to have a good GP to fall back on for scripts. Gotta have a fallback plan IMO.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    About 4, and they were all pretty useless.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only once and she was a college counselor but specifically deals with stressed students. It was sort of an embarrassing experience. I had a panic attack at the end of class. I couldn't stop crying. Teacher didn't know what to do so she took me to the counselor. It wasn't really helpful. I felt too embarrassed to come back so I transferred to another school after that incident.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that

I have only tried one psychiatrist and I found her very helpful at the time. Problem was that she was $160 an hour and I'm only covered for $900 a year so that burned up pretty quick lol.. but come January I'll definitely go back maybe once a month.

Definitely give it a shot if you have the money or insurance, just having somebody to talk to that's not part of your life can make a big difference for some people.

Also, I'm on a waiting list at the the local hospital for a special anxiety program where they match you up with a team of psychiatrists and doctors to help you deal with your anxiety.. and it's free maybe they have similar programs at hospitals where you all live

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    so many since I had to change my insurance so many times

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    3 therapists and 2 psychiatrists.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Since 2001- at least 7 I can remember their names .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.