Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Mine seem to be happening almost at random lately. The trigger seems to be Facebook, of all things. I'll see a trigger on there, and then HOLY [BEEP] I'm right back in the moment. Facebook is like a whole sea of triggers, but I kinda have to use it because the boss uses it to schedule work meetings.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote sanspants View Post
    Mine seem to be happening almost at random lately. The trigger seems to be Facebook, of all things. I'll see a trigger on there, and then HOLY [BEEP] I'm right back in the moment. Facebook is like a whole sea of triggers, but I kinda have to use it because the boss uses it to schedule work meetings.
    Fakebook is a mess!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Fakebook is a mess!
    Indeed. The unpredictability of it really gets to me. It's like living nextdoor to everyone you've ever known, and not knowing who may be knocking on your door at any minute. Lately what has been causing me to flash back to bad moments, is Fb suggesting I add my ex-fiancee as a friend. Over and over. There's no way to block that function of Fb either. Per my experience, it will suggest that you add whoever has checked your page lately. I'm assuming that she did-- since there are plenty of other people with whom I have more in common. Normally those would be the ones Fb would suggest.

There are many more aspects to the issue than that, as you can imagine.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Get a new email, make a new work related facebook account so all your ex-neighbor's plumber's niece's pet sitters wont be able to stalk you. I have a facebook but haven't added any family or friends due to being worried about what will happen if I connect it all together.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Indeed. The unpredictability of it really gets to me. It's like living nextdoor to everyone you've ever known, and not knowing who may be knocking on your door at any minute. Lately what has been causing me to flash back to bad moments, is Fb suggesting I add my ex-fiancee as a friend. Over and over. There's no way to block that function of Fb either. Per my experience, it will suggest that you add whoever has checked your page lately. I'm assuming that she did-- since there are plenty of other people with whom I have more in common. Normally those would be the ones Fb would suggest.

Wow - that's scary!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yeah, I got rid of Facebook because my sister-in-law started talking to the kids at my work. My world had gotten way too cozy with each other.

Speaking about triggers......................man I've been getting triggered all over the place. Anybody know when the whole trigger thing is done? I made a list of all my buttons just to see what it is and why it is that I'm set off like that. I guess it just takes awhile to resolve things that are so entrenched that I automatically react in my body.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    Yeah, I got rid of Facebook because my sister-in-law started talking to the kids at my work. My world had gotten way too cozy with each other.

Speaking about triggers......................man I've been getting triggered all over the place. Anybody know when the whole trigger thing is done? I made a list of all my buttons just to see what it is and why it is that I'm set off like that. I guess it just takes awhile to resolve things that are so entrenched that I automatically react in my body.
    Hello I've been hearing rumbles around the workplace about people flashing back more through the cold seasons. I put it together like this: Many have seasonal affective disorders during Winter. So with them inevitably come increased symptoms of depression and greater anxiety -- which lead to feelings of weakness and susceptibility to flashbacks.

It's a great big chain reaction, methinks. I can really only speculate since these are my "safe" seasons.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hello I've been hearing rumbles around the workplace about people flashing back more through the cold seasons. I put it together like this: Many have seasonal affective disorders during Winter. So with them inevitably come increased symptoms of depression and greater anxiety -- which lead to feelings of weakness and susceptibility to flashbacks.

It's a great big chain reaction, methinks. I can really only speculate since these are my "safe" seasons.
    I think you're right about it being worse in the winter. And actually, I moved last year from a place that got really cold to a place that gets only slightly chilly. I've not been as depressed this winter, so you may be on to something. I tend to hate Oct because that's when the cold would blast in before. It was almost 80 today where I am now.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes I am with you. I understand the triggers can be smells, sounds, places, things people say or just something that bring back the pain. and it hurts it literally hurts to remember in the brain the painful experience you want to forget and your brain works hard hard on making you forget to help you cope. the triggers can set off headaches too, thinking about the event that causes the ptsd or anxiety or panic... i am going through a bit of it at moment . black out happened today and a powerbox blew up banging a few times and smoke and it was bringing back pain to me from as a child later. the smell even of fire burning and the fire siren coming and lights blacking out.

the cyclone warnings also and all the flash flooding panics me. or my cat getting sick and off his food ...

my panic attacks are shocking at present bad head feelings and not wanting to think about being in ambulance with stroke or chest pain... cuz i have chest pain and have to remind myself its not real its just anxiety.

or is it?

go back to the doctor soon. fear of all kinds come over me over health and flu injection and my ear and noises and medications...

fears of all kinds that i am dying and something is wrong... but so far mri and ct scans and blood show nothing wrong...

i want to protect me and my family and pets.

help me get more money and better coping skills, better money managment and get doctors help with super fund issues to get my money. fear of being let down again and messed around by a unknown evil person.

things my mum said to me today that this doctor would not want to know me... cuz of our class and status in life// i have to learn to think less more... afterall i am on a disability pension and who would want a loser like me? why is she so right and can't be proved wrong for once.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote cathering View Post
    yes I am with you. I understand the triggers can be smells, sounds, places, things people say or just something that bring back the pain. and it hurts it literally hurts to remember in the brain the painful experience you want to forget and your brain works hard hard on making you forget to help you cope. the triggers can set off headaches too, thinking about the event that causes the ptsd or anxiety or panic... i am going through a bit of it at moment . black out happened today and a powerbox blew up banging a few times and smoke and it was bringing back pain to me from as a child later. the smell even of fire burning and the fire siren coming and lights blacking out.

the cyclone warnings also and all the flash flooding panics me. or my cat getting sick and off his food ...

my panic attacks are shocking at present bad head feelings and not wanting to think about being in ambulance with stroke or chest pain... cuz i have chest pain and have to remind myself its not real its just anxiety.

or is it?

go back to the doctor soon. fear of all kinds come over me over health and flu injection and my ear and noises and medications...

fears of all kinds that i am dying and something is wrong... but so far mri and ct scans and blood show nothing wrong...

i want to protect me and my family and pets.

help me get more money and better coping skills, better money managment and get doctors help with super fund issues to get my money. fear of being let down again and messed around by a unknown evil person.

things my mum said to me today that this doctor would not want to know me... cuz of our class and status in life// i have to learn to think less more... afterall i am on a disability pension and who would want a loser like me? why is she so right and can't be proved wrong for once.
    One of the things that helped me with worries like this was a worry jar. I know it sounds silly, but it actually worked. I got an empty gallon water jug and covered with construction paper. I even wrote on it "worry jar." Somebody else had given me this idea. Then I sat down and started writing out all my worries on little slips of paper. I hadn't realized just how many worries I had. No wonder I was stressed out all the time.

Once I filled up this jar with these slips which counted to be over a 100, I sat down to read each one. If it was something I had absolutely no control over like some horrible accident of one of y kids or a plane hits my house (I live close to an airport). I put it in one pile. All I could do with that pile is pray that nothing really bad happens to them or me.

Then I had a pile like if a tornado should come or someone should break into my house. That pile was things I could do to be slightly prepared. I fixed a closet door lock so that there is no handle on the outside and you need a key to get in. The handle is on the inside. I did this so my special needs granddaughter would not go shopping in my closet. When I realized it could also serve as a safe room, I made a plan if I heard an intruder to bring my phone into this closet, lock it from the inside with no key on the outside. That way I had a chance to call 911. I also have a designated place for a tornado warning. In other words, this pile had things that I could try some preventative measures to feel a bit safer.

The third pile was things that I had a little more control over. Money, reaching out to people, going somewhere. Even though I worried about these things, I made plans on how to deal with them in baby steps. Save 10 dollars each paycheck, maybe call a person, or force myself to see a movie alone.

I started finding that these worries didn't seem so daunting. It was like I had some control over it. And the things I had no control over were then seen in reality. I figured I could choose to worry over what I had no control over, or I could take the time to make plans for what I could, or work on accomplishing baby steps with the easier ones.

Sorry for the tome. I've been working on these things myself, so I understand how you feel overwhelmed.

Cindy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks great ideas, yes the recent cyclone and the water damage down stairs to some furniture really did trigger some worries for me we are in the process of cleaning however some are much more worrisome with internal water leaking etc...

and my health a worry to me much the same feelings of worry over issues in my ear or head etc that has had me worrying about meningitis or tumors or cancer etc.. so far this have come up clear they tell me i am a hypochondriac which is better then being really really ill ...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    I can relate, I had a pretty bad childhood where I was mentally and physically harmed. But I don't get flashbacks where I see what happened to me, I only get what I felt at the time but those emotions are quite painful. I don't tell people about my triggers anymore as I found that they will use it against me if I do.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Jerry View Post
    I can relate, I had a pretty bad childhood where I was mentally and physically harmed. But I don't get flashbacks where I see what happened to me, I only get what I felt at the time but those emotions are quite painful. I don't tell people about my triggers anymore as I found that they will use it against me if I do.
    Yeah, I made a button pushing page on my site, then hid it because even though it was good to figure them out, I didn't want to publicize it to people. I've been hurt too that way.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Done

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    All the time. I have many flashbacks & triggers due to bullying growing up. One of my biggest triggers is when people near me start laughing cause I think they're laughing at me just like back in School. Another trigger is when people ignore me. Just makes me think of the times my father ignored me at the door coming to visit him. Last but not least I hate when people argue or yell around me. It just really makes me feel bad.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.