Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I think my PTSD is mainly in the healing processes, however I have slip ups and exacerbation's with the trauma when triggered. Currently dealing with 3 "triggers". They have been taking over every part of my life, and I sit and dwell from the triggers. During these episodes I feel panic attacks most of the day and vivid day-dreaming and bad dreams. It has also caused so much stress it's onset seizures. Today I was just reading something online when something I was reading processed in my brain differently -- and then 100 thoughts went in my mind as my mind decided to connect things and I started to shake. I cried in bed for almost 2 hours... and now scared to even leave my room... ... I'm pathetic....

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    You know what's really sad? I've been reading a kid books series for 7 years now. I started it at my last place of employment with that abusive supervisor. A new book came out and as I was reading it last night, it kept bringing me back to that abusive place of employment. Then I had nightmares of her all last night.

Now I can't decide if finishing the book is worth it. I'm going to try it one more night and if I again dream of this women verbally abusing me all night, I may just hang up the series. It's getting a little lame anyway and after almost 40 books in the series, how many perils can two kids get into.

But I want to make sure it's the book that I'm no longer interested in reading and not because of the trigger. Because if it's the trigger, like hell will I give it up and let that [BEEP] ruin it for me.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My boyfriend had to switch off a movie last night (not for the first time) because a man was possessed and did something nonconsensual and when the woman ran to the shower took photos of her and then later proceeded to go all the way with her again nonconsensual this then caused a huge anxiety attack that followed me from last night to this morning. Quite a few movies have ended this way such as paranormal activity 2 (violent male figure) or jack reacher (eyes). I thought movies had to have warnings for triggers especially on things such as rape or sexual violence ?? May consider emailing Netflix as a suggestion

These either set me off on anxiety or panic attacks and I'll randomly remember these things at later dates almost as if I can see it like my eyes are the TV if that makes sense never really thought of calling them flashbacks but don't want to self diagnose

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Chloe View Post
    My boyfriend had to switch off a movie last night (not for the first time) because a man was possessed and did something nonconsensual and when the woman ran to the shower took photos of her and then later proceeded to go all the way with her again nonconsensual this then caused a huge anxiety attack that followed me from last night to this morning. Quite a few movies have ended this way such as paranormal activity 2 (violent male figure) or jack reacher (eyes). I thought movies had to have warnings for triggers especially on things such as rape or sexual violence ?? May consider emailing Netflix as a suggestion

These either set me off on anxiety or panic attacks and I'll randomly remember these things at later dates almost as if I can see it like my eyes are the TV if that makes sense never really thought of calling them flashbacks but don't want to self diagnose
    You should check imdb they have a "parent guide" that basically lists everything on a movie that can be trigger. Example: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083564/...e?ref_=tt_ql_7

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would too, I went to the movies last night with a new friend don't think he was to impressed at me jumping and shaking every time the abusive dad in the movie shouted. Don't go to the cinemas that much with him anyways so doesn't bother me too much it's Just if we're at at home watching them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.