Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Advertising anti depressants

Do they really advertise anti depressants to the general public in america....?
    life---> <---me

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    YES!! Big time. It's most likely why sites like SAS got so popular. They had Zoloft ad's for SA.

These play on TV here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfSFXKlnO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crkHJnMxNo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSD...A5EE9655E241D8

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, they are. I was shocked to see a load of meds on adverts when I was over there, some for physical conditions. If you look at some of the websites for psychiatric drugs, they're definatley advertising.

And all I ever get is a boring looking box with the name of the med on it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    That it disgusting...oh my god. Was watching side effects last night and was horrified
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Do things like that actually happen over in the US? Like, a Pdoc will be paid a large amount to prescribe medications to a patient?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Do things like that actually happen over in the US? Like, a Pdoc will be paid a large amount to prescribe medications to a patient?
    Oh that happens here too, its really corrupt!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote lasair View Post
    Oh that happens here too, its really corrupt!
    Hmm, I've almost had it the complete opposite way. They won't prescribe new experimental drugs if they're going to cost the NHS a lot. They like to prescribe well known drugs with well known side effects so you can bugger off and they won't have to deal with you, and that are relatively cheap to make.

But yeah, I've heard of that happening slightly here. I almost just find it amusing, since I can't get a Mirtazapine script, because "We don't know the complete list of side effects" or something. Seem to want to keep me on cheaper fluoxetine.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yea its incredibly gross how much pharma drugs are advertised in the US. I believe we are the one of the VERY few countries that actually allows them to advertise on television.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Hmm, I've almost had it the complete opposite way. They won't prescribe new experimental drugs if they're going to cost the NHS a lot. They like to prescribe well known drugs with well known side effects so you can bugger off and they won't have to deal with you, and that are relatively cheap to make.

But yeah, I've heard of that happening slightly here. I almost just find it amusing, since I can't get a Mirtazapine script, because "We don't know the complete list of side effects" or something. Seem to want to keep me on cheaper fluoxetine.
    Oh I don't really know about clinical trials here, I just meant they get paid to push certain drugs.
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Most definitely if there is a syndrome, disorder or personal problem, you can catch all the ads.........especially after 10pm. What I want to know is how the actors can keep a straight face with some of these ads. The more personal the problem (and I mean we get into the nitty gritty of what's down there, up there, over there, etc................well the more elated and ok with telling the world, the people act. Imagine having a smile on your face discussing your bleeding hemorrhoids with the mailman. Then after they have told you how wonderful the product is, they list the side effects. After you've heard 75 mild side effects you get into the worse ones like erectile dysfunction, anal leakage, stroke, heart attack, drooling mouth, zits that explode every ten seconds and death. I often wonder with those odds why people would want their product. The cure always sounds worse than the problem.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.