Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

First time Counselling

I've got my first counselling meeting after my panic attacks started getting worse and more dangerous to me with me passing out. I've got a couple of hours to wait I'm really nervous I don't know what it'll be like at all anyone I've mentioned it to that's had counselling has sung praises but I don't know what to expect or what it'll be like so maybe if someone could give me a little bit of a clue what to expect

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    you will be asked a few questions today so the person can get a sense of what is happening with you. You will get asked what you expect and want to get out of counselling. I hope it goes the way it needs to for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes xxx
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll let you know thank you xxx

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm a Licensed Professional Counselor and I promise you that it will be fine. Many people believe they will go into a counselor's office for the first time and will be told advice or be judged. Therapy is the one place where you can be heard and not judged. Also counselor can't give advice. They listen and sometimes suggest things, but the person who does the work is you. You get to make the choice what to do and when to do it. You are always the one in control. So don't worry. Let us know how you make out, ok?

Cindy
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ScaredScared
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It went okay because the college had to see so many people I've only got three sessions, she's told me to give a go at doing breathing exersises when I'm calm as well as keeping note of what sets me off and how I feel before during and after. Because of how I am with doctors though I was on edge all the way through and ended up panicking at work, she was really nice though so I'm hoping she'll be able to help me with it. I did a blog about it just to update so the full story's in there but she was surprised at how much I knew about panic attacks and my panic attacks as well as how often I get them and how I started out 3 years ago and how I've progressed

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.