Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone else find it hard to post on forums?

Anyone ever just feel isolated and suffer from shyness and or anxiety even though it's the Internet? Even though the people you talk to cannot see you, unless you chat through webcam? As if every word you type will only result in bad judgement? I know I feel that way. Funny, you think it's easier to talk online than it is in reality. I feel the exact same as I do when I'm online. I don't know if I'm just weird or just plain opposite, but it's even harder to chat online, and it's already difficult to do so in real life. Okay, maybe it's slightly easier because I'm typing as I go. Still, the fear of rejection and judgement is the same.

I find it insufferable that I'm so plagued by shyness. Well, apparently I'm not so shy if I created a thread, huh? I guess I had the courage to make one because I got tired of feeling isolated. Thanks for reading, my fellow lurkers

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I feel this way all the time. I used to write a lot I worked as a reporter and I would get so stressed and worried about what I had written that it just got to much and now aI have no desire to go back to reporting, however, every now and than I think that I can do it. It never lasts long. I'm terrible with the chat stuff on line. I'm sometimes terrible in real life with chatting. It really depends upon the person I'm chatting with. I do better when the person is a true and trusted friend, or even when I don't care if the person likes or hates me. When I even get the slightest inkling that the person I'm talking to is bored or doesn't like me I tend to freeze up and worry about everything I say.

I even know what you mean by saying that you're shy, yet, not so shy. That's why public speaking is like the most common phobia. The thing I wish I could get over is feeling like everyone hates me. When this thought hits me it overwhelms me and i have trouble functioning.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I have done. And sometimes yes, still. (Although the irony is going to be that I have five stars on the forum addiction and well...my post count says I spend a bit to much time on here.) In my defence, the majority of those posts are on The Last Post Wins thread. But yes, I have a pretty large postcount.

What changed, why am I okay posting here a lot? I...don't know. I remember being on the site we do not name on here and being terrified of posting. On places other than here...I panic and I don't post as much. I use this forum a lot, I've probably become a bit too reliant on the people here. So I'm not going to claim that it terrifys me (Postcount says otherwise), but yes, I know where you're coming from. It used to be me, and I'm sure it still is a lot of people.

(And if any lurkers perchance happen to be reading this...check my sig. We don't bite. Not even my many-tailed blue fox decides to bite people. Or newcomers. Come on in. You're welcome here )
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.