Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats everyone reading now

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

This book isn’t out yet, but will be out on 10/8/13

My Story, Elizabeth Smart with Chris Stewart

I’m so glad to see that Ms Smart is doing this because I always wanted to know her side of the story. Besides her parents (Ed and Louise Smart)s’ side of the story and which I read when it 1st came out.

Parenting Without Borders: Surpising Lessons Parents Around The World Can Teach Us, Christine Gross-Loh

I’m so glad to see that Ms Gross-Loh has done this kind of book. Know that I just started to read it, but I know its going to be worth the read and the buy in the long run. Decided to buy my own copy instead of borrowing it from the library. Again, this is like a book that I have read earlier this summer, The Business of Baby: What Doctors Don’t Tell You, What Corporations Try to Sell You, and How Put Your Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Before Their Bottom Line, Jennifer Margulis. At the same time have mentioned as well. In which both of these books and their authors like another book that I have read Homeward Bound: Why Women are Embracing the New Domesticity, Emily Matchar. Have also mentioned this book.

Toms River: A Story of Science and Salvation, Dan Fagin

Saving Normal: An Insider's Revolt Against Out-of-Control Psychiatric Diagnosis, DSM-5, Big Pharma, and the Medicalization of Ordinary Life, Allen Frances

The Secret Rescue: An Untold Story of American Nurses and Medics Behind Nazi Lines, Cate Lineberry

Tiger Babies Strike Back: How I Was Raised by a Tiger Mom but Could Not Be Turned to the Dark Side, Kim Wong Keltner

Birth Matters: A Midwife's Manifesta, Ina May Gaskin, Foreword by Ani DiFranco

Country Girl: A Memoir, Edna O’Brien

Juliette Gordon Low: The Remarkable Founder of the Girl Scouts and Alice: Alice Roosevelt Longworth, from White House Princess to Washington Power Broker, Stacy A. Cordory

How to Be a Woman and Moranthology, Caitlin Moran

Call the Midwife Trilogy: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard times (Previously published as The Midwife), Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse, and Call the Midwife: Farewell to the East End, Jennifer Worth

These memoirs are the basis of BBC and PBS Series by the same name. In which I loved, I’m hoping that PBS will bring them back and etc.

The Life and Times of Call the Midwife: The Official Companion to Season One and Two, Heidi Thomas

A Midwife’s Tale: The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812, Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Have tried to read this before, but with no luck. Hopefully, this time with more luck.

Nothing Daunted: The Unexpected Education of Two Society Girls in the West, Dorothy Wickenden

The author of this book is the granddaughter of Dorothy Woodruff.

A Woman in the Polar Night, Christiane Ritter and Introduction by Lawrence Millman

This memoir was written and published original in German. Still is a bestseller and even after Ms Ritter’s death in 2000 at the age of 103.

Women Doctors in War (Williams-Ford Texas A & M University Military History Series), Judith Bellafaire and Mercedes Herrea Graf

Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate), Amy Thomas

Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman, Alice Steinbach

Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell

Have tried to read this before, but with no luck. Hopefully, this time with more luck.

To the End of the Land: A Novel, David Grossman

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently on an Elmore Leonard Fix

Reading Out of Sight (yes the same one that became a movie with George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez) I love that Leonard takes out the boring filler, too many authors leave in unnecessary filller, he leaves out the parts that readers tend to skip, I find that when I'm reading I get bored with certain parts of a book because the Author adds unnecessary detail. I'm going through a list of his books, next up I plan to read Freaky Deaky, I read The Switch before I even knew there was going to be a Jennifer Aniston movie, the Switch is a prequel to Rum Punch better known as Jackie Brown.
    Friends Together Together Forever

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I got all the Game of Thrones books really cheaply on my Kindle, so I've been reading those. As well as that, I'm reading another book about a woman who suffers from Amnesia, that means she incapable of remembering anything any longer than a day. Also reading Ben Gurions biography (He was an Israeli prime minister)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II, Denise Kieran

Rocket Girl: The Story Mary Sherman Morgan, America's First Female Rocket Scientist, George D Morgan, Ashley Stroupe (Forward)

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am on the second Hunger Games book, simple reads but I like being in a different world - also I am slow as I only get to read on my breaks!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Dystopian books which basically showcase how underhanded and conniving people can be................even in the distant future.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    A book entitled, How to follow Marvin the Martian around AS.

No actually a book by Brian Greene called The Hidden Reality. About Quantum Mechanics and Multiple Universes.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. I love this book It is the best one I've read in quite some time.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Sagan View Post
    A book entitled, How to follow Marvin the Martian around AS.

That would be in the stalker section of the book store, right?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    No stalker here. just a, um, competitor

Sorry Jessica, didn't mean to hijack your thread! Back to what you were reading!
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

This has became my bible, and helps me with a character I'm writing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The End of the Suburbs: Where the American is Moving, Leigh Gallagher

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pilgrim's Wilderness: A True Story of Faith and Madness on the Alaska Frontier, Tom Kizza

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong and What You Really Need to Know, Emily Oster

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm reading "Je me suis évadé d'Auschwitz", a book written by a man who survived Auschwitz concentration camp. I'm halfway through it and I usually read it in bed until I fall asleep. Not the best idea, since it has already given me a couple of nightmares this week

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.