Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it fair/unfair for employers to block most of their employees online content or...

...what?

I for one do get this on hand, but don't on the other hand. This is the case with my employer (volunteer) ever since I started, again (2005). Have rarely asked about this online, but this a rare time.

Think thats it for now.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I don't think it is. I think it's the employers right to block access to Facebook, twitter, anything like that. Work is supposed to be a place to work, not check up how many likes your status got. And unless you paid for the computer and internet connection, I don't really think you have a right to say what you can and cannot use on it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I personally have no problem with it. It's their computers, their networks, and their money . So I don't think employees really have much of a say.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    'Specifically, the survey revealed 64 percent of employees visit non-work related websites every day at work. Of that group, 39 percent spend one hour or less per week, 29 percent spend 2 hours per week, 21 percent waste five hours per week, and only 3 percent said they waste 10 hours or more doing unrelated activities.' From an article published in Forbes magazine. Because of this loss of productivity, employers have turned to blocking or monitoring access to internet sites. Ultimately I work under their rules.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    'Specifically, the survey revealed 64 percent of employees visit non-work related websites every day at work. Of that group, 39 percent spend one hour or less per week, 29 percent spend 2 hours per week, 21 percent waste five hours per week, and only 3 percent said they waste 10 hours or more doing unrelated activities.' From an article published in Forbes magazine. Because of this loss of productivity, employers have turned to blocking or monitoring access to internet sites. Ultimately I work under their rules.
    Thanx and I'm with you on this. In which I try to work under their rules.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Jessica A Bruno View Post
    Thanx and I'm with you on this. In which I try to work under their rules.
    I should also say though that my agency does not block our access to anything on line, so far we are on the honor system. We are free to roam as we want on our lunch hour. It would be pretty noticeable in our work load if we spend too much time on-line, all of our reports and case management documentation is time sensitive and usually we don't have the time to just roam around excessively. Since I have this flexibility it is hard for me to say how I would feel if it were blocked, just use my phone I guess. Ah well another reason to be the one in charge.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    I should also say though that my agency does not block our access to anything on line, so far we are on the honor system. We are free to roam as we want on our lunch hour. It would be pretty noticeable in our work load if we spend too much time on-line, all of our reports and case management documentation is time sensitive and usually we don't have the time to just roam around excessively. Since I have this flexibility it is hard for me to say how I would feel if it were blocked, just use my phone I guess. Ah well another reason to be the one in charge.
    Yeah to everything your agency does during their employees. Now, I just wish all others would follow suit because to me it seems fair. At least in my own eyes and maybe wrong with this.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.