NikNik's Avatar Addict With A Pen
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shut The World Away

I have felt disconnected lately; out of touch with reality ...
    I often feel like I am in a dream and nothing is actually happening. When this happens I start to loose interest in talking to people. I start to over think and obsess over the thoughts that I don't understand. I also waste my time doing non important things!

I was just wondering if anyone else could relate?
    If you can relate, what do you usually do to tame the feeling?

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Disconnected, yes, but not necessarily out of touch with reality—more like a feeling of severe disillusionment. Acknowledging reality, but not wanting to accept certain undesirable aspects of it and wishing things were different; I've been questioning why it's worth putting up with the garbage life throws in your face in order to push onward and upward, and at the moment having a hard time coming up with an answer.

As for how to tame the feeling, I don't know. In the past I guess I'd just play a game or find some other distraction, but lately that hasn't been doing it for me. The past week has been a rather deep dive into a pretty depressive state and I haven't really come out of it yet.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

NikNik's Avatar Addict With A Pen
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree, distractions help (:

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.