Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How did you get your first job??

I'm in my mid 20's and NEVER had a job. Does this look bad? How did you get your first job? And how old did you get your job? if is too private is ok..

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I've been working practically all my life to survive, so I don't feel I've chosen to work. I did a lot of volunteering and freebie stuff which got me in the door in places. The first job I really wanted (I worked with an educational film studio) by calling the place up and telling them I've "always wanted to work in that field and I knew school wouldn't give me a hands on experience like actually working in the place," and then I told them I would work for free just to get the experience. They hired me and paid me.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mowed a lot of neighbors lawns when I was a kid. They were all rich summer people on the lake so I got paid pretty good money for that. I got my first real job at 16. My parents told me that anything I wanted, outside of the necessary things, I'd have to buy myself. I have worked full time since. It was just a mindless housekeeping job. Vacuuming hallways, shampooing carpets, stocking linen rooms, etc.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    those who has a job are lucky .....

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I started working when I was 12 yrs old, for the local berry farmers in our area. They hired kids, and we worked all summer and we were glad to make $150. We got our necessities paid for, and 3 new outfits at the beginning of school; everything else we had to provide. I babysat in high school for my cousins and worked at an office after school that I acquired through a job corps program. After high school I took those skills and started working full time for an insurance agency, married, kids, moves - divorce and back to work. Sometimes necessity is a good motivator.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    babysitting. freelancing

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    When I was in my early 20s my parent's friends gave me a job because they felt sorry for me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When i left school at 16, i was forced into a work placement group, I got my first job through that. The wages were crap and the day was long!!!!!!!
    Don't worry Fallen, you're not missing much!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was 20, walked in, and the manager saw me and said "could I come in for an interview?" He hired me right away.

I guess I gave off a good presentation, at least back then, because I had never worked before, but that didn't seem to matter to him.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my mom helped me.

JaneDoe's Avatar My So-Called Self
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm 31 and still haven't ever had a job due to my issues. I take care of my mom, but that doesn't count as a work experience and I don't get paid for it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I always kind f had something going on and usually more than one at a time

I always stayed with my gran during the summer and she has a B&B so I was helping out there since I was little until about three years ago during the summer months. I used to help dad do delivers when he was a milk man. I have helped a neighbour with a kids drama group, babysat and pet sat. First real job was in a shop when I was about 16 for three months while on summer holidays, worked in the B&B at the same time too. Then I started in the nursing home three years ago and been there since. Mum and dad said I had to get a job and I was not going to go to another shop or restaurant (hated it so so so so much) so I found work in the nursing home. I also au pair for a family for the summer three days a week!
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    First job I had I worked in a farmer's market somebody asked me to work for them because they needed help. Was sometime during high-school. And they paid us 10cents more than minimum wage.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I was in the local shopping centre and one of the stores that was moving in had a sign up asking for resumes, so I send in mine and I got a interview, but the interviewer forgot about it and left me waiting for a few hours. I believe that is the only reason I got the job was because I was forgotten.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The best way to be able to get a job is to start up with an internship. That way you will gain the required skills to start a job. And then if you a successful internship you'll also get a good recommendation letter to get a job. Good luck !!!
    Happy girls are the most beautiful girls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.