Thread: Image Backstory

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Image Backstory

The idea of this game is to test your creative writing skills by writing a brief description of the story behind the image the previous person posted. Then include your own image so someone else can make a backstory for it.

Here’s a nice starting image from Harold:

1C139133-97D7-4F53-AE07-81DE38BB7597.png

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I have lived my life. I have seen it all. You might look at me as old. You might see my grey hair. The wrinkles that begin to form. But please see my smile too. See that I am happy. Just as happy as you might be.

167915959_324078005754084_1874456859295731410_n.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    As the moon aligned with the cursed cathedral thunder began to sound in the distance. It was that special time of year where the blood moon took its vengeance.
    All of the town hid in their dwellings fearful for what the night would bring. Axes were sharpened and pitchforks were readied though it was all in vain, for tonight was the night of the beasts.

6098A789-B7EA-451E-8B9C-E488E26CFCC9.jpeg

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Of beautiful yellow wonder, my stomach aches for you. Come to me. Together we shall dine. Me on you. But alas do not fear your ending, for nature has a plan for you. More of your kind shall follow. A more will soon join you deep within the recesses of my stomach.

OIP.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Upon reflection, Bertram realised he was going to need a bigger umbrella.

He hadn't realised that the name of the location for his job interview, "Stormy Plains", or the description of the PR job he was applying for as a "lightning rod" would all be so brutally literal. He sighed and looked at the business card he clutched in his hand as his cheap shoes filled with water.

Nimbus Public Relations.... He laughed bitterly to himself as the cruel joke that his life had become dawned upon him. Still, at least he'd gotten a call back on this application. He took a deep breath and turned towards the dour, grey office building behind him.

It was now or never.

incredible-avenue.jpeg

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The pathway took him through a darkened winding row of overgrown trees. During which time he never felt more along. Memories hit him hard and fast. Of a time in his past when he was always alone and in the dark. Back to his childhood. In the dark he could always see face. Unknown people that would come out of the night. Now as he walked he saw those same faces begin to appear. Was this a trip back in time? A path he was meant to walk in order to come out the other side? Suddenly it was like the trees had fingers. They were grabbing at him. He began to sweat. They are just trees, he told himself. Or are they? His heart quickened. He pace quickened too. It would remain this way until he reached the end of the darkened pathway. Then he looked back and saw in the shadows, faces. Faces he knew. He was no longer frightened. He was assured that these were the same faces that would join him at night in his darkened room. To think for so long he feared them all. Because for long he didn't know who they were. Unlike now. Standing looking back at his passed. Aware that there is nothing to be feared at all.

_SUtzSXDuDhOlGplnwx0QFyDRe_mPk0I-iptERatQ0c.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Despina was feeling surly. Her divorce from Esteban had been ugly, especially given that it had been precipitated by her catching him in the pantry with her sister, Rosita, one afternoon when she had returned home from work early. Her anger and hurt was met with increasingly petty gestures from him, but nothing prepared her for this.

She had arrived home to find her grandfather's piano missing from its usual place in the living room and was mortified. Esteban could be a cruel man, but she didn't think he was capable of messing with something so precious to her. In anger, she snatched her phone from her bag and attempted to call him.

No answer.

She went outside to the balcony to smoke and to plan her next move, when she spotted something on the beach down below.... It couldn't be.

Despina left the balcony via the side gate and walked down the short path to the beach. Sure enough, Esteban had somehow placed her precious piano on the beach! She dashed over to check that it wasn't damaged. Other than the small amount of water that the legs had absorbed, it seemed to be in fine condition.

Fuming, she sat down on the stool. This crossed the line.... Esteban was going to pay for this, even if it was the last thing she ever did. Summoning all of her frustration, she began furiously hammering on the keys. Growing up with the piano in her family home, she had become quite an accomplished player. She hadn't seriously played since starting university, but somehow, her blinding rage over this latest insult brought forth all the passion she had played with as a teenager.

Notes blurred into pure emotion. It was a terrifying, powerful and cathartic sound that rang from the beach that evening. She smiled as she remembered how much joy this old thing had brought her over the years. She supposed she at least had that to thank him for.

what-is-a-rustic-cabin-1024x735-1024x735.jpeg

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Billy Bob sat on the wooden porch in his old rocken chair, banjo in hand, strumming him a tune. Was one a time around here when moonshine was much easier to come by. His grandpa used to come home early evening with a few jars of the devil's brew. Big gap toothed smile going from ear to ear. How he could drink that stuff Billy Bob never knew. The thing could run a car engine if you dang gone ran short of gas. What must it have been doing to grandpa's insides? Answer came when grandma could be heard cursing the demon's in hell. Billy Bob walked towards her voice. Dang gone saw himself his first dead person ever. Grandpa. Lying on the floor of the old kitchen. Puddle of the brew pooling around him. Grandma said his old heart gave out. She never was the same after that. Took to the demon's brew herself. Just for sleep she would say. Until one morning she never gone and woke up at all. Family came to mourn each time another family member passed. At least they said they were family. Billy Bob had no real idea who most of them all was. How to mourn a person gone died of that nasty brew? By drinking the same poison and toasting the dead person who looked on from their pine box. Years of the same ritual. Strange relatives. Toasts. That nasty brew. Then Billy Bob was alone in the old cabin. Thing could have done with a lick of paint here and there. Maybe a woman folk to look after the place. But that never did happen. With age came those demons. With those demons came their brew. Billy Bob grew to be a man, who grew to be an old man, who drank himself to the stars and back. Knowing some day he never would come back. Just like those before him he dared sip the demon's brew. The banjo hits the wooden deck. Billy Bob soon after.

Salvador-Dali-The-Persistence-of-Memory-1931-c.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Caleb had been at a party to celebrate the end of semester when he encountered an old hippy. He'd seen the hippy shambling around town in tatty clothes and looking like he hadn't bathed since the sixties. The hippy offered him a strange blue mushroom and promised him the trip of a lifetime. Caleb had been getting further and further into psychedelics and this prospect excited him. He needed no convincing to imbibe the bizarre, iridescent fungus.

When he awoke, the party was gone. So was the park, his friends, and even the hippy. The place he awakened in was a strange realm where things made even less sense than his regular, tripped-out life. It was sparse, still, quiet and calm. The air smelled of wet dirt, yet there was a cleanliness and purity to it that had been lacking in the city that he'd grown up in.

As he looked around, he spied what appeared to be a collection of gigantic stopwatches.... Runny stopwatches? Caleb was feeling mildly unnerved, yet rather comfortable in this environment. Despite the oddities in his surroundings, he felt a sense of inner peace, a lack of the general pressure that he normally felt, the pressure that had driven him to pursue drugs as an escape from that taut feeling within.

As he approached the watches, he noticed that none of them were keeping time, they were just dangling, flapping and dripping as if they were made from cloth and batter. He felt that this should be horrifying him, but he still felt a sense of serenity that he hadn't felt in years. Caleb looked towards the mountain in the direction that his instinct told him was south and took a deep breath. He wasn't sure where he was or what was happening to him, but he felt as if, for once, everything was going to be okay.

In reality, Caleb was lying alone among bushes a short distance from the party. He'd left the gathering to take the mushroom in peace and solitude, so he could maximise his experience. As he lay on the ground, his naturally pale skin had attained a frightening pallor and his lips were a similar shade to the mushroom he'd ingested.

He was running out of time.

futuristic-floating-city.jpeg

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Time changes everything. That includes what we now call home. it all began after the war for control of the natural resources that we growing less and less by the year. People began to use weapons that had never been used before. Suddenly there was the great shift on this, our home planet, Earth. Nobody thought much of it for so long. Until one evening the moon what right upon them. Closer than some of the far away cities. They had gone too far with their war and caused a problem that could not be fixed. If the moon got any closer, Earth would have to be abandoned. it just sat there. As if watching from the sky above. Like an angry warning to human kind. As if saying ' you have done this '. To some it held a beauty. To others it was the end of days. Morning and daylight and still the moon sat there. Everything in this Galaxt getting closer. How long till the space around Earth swallowed the planet they all called home? They set about with a plan. If they moves Earth closer to space and the moon, then they could surely reverse the process. Move it backwards. Putting distance between itself and the large giant dangling above them. There was a danger with their plan. If they pushed the Earth too far backwards it would disrupt life on their own planet. Anger grew. The common folk saw it as the end and fought each other. Can't say exactly what they were fighting for. Food. Shelter. Mainly survival. That is when the second push happened. A shift in time and space. A last chance to correct their own error. To save what was left of there own planet. May God be with you as you attempt to fix what you ruined.

4K-Girl-On-A-Bicycle-Picture-Download.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    She sniffed the air. She was searching for that familiar smell. Not the one of sulphur among the orange sky and ruins, bur for one of pleasure.
    Sniff. Sniff. Sniff.
    Was this pilgrimage even worth it?
    Sniff. Sniff.
    There! A brief scent of the promised land. The reason she made this trek with the device one of the old-worlders called a bicycle.
    Soon it would be within her grasp.
    Arby’s.

1910A6B1-08E8-423E-B8D0-A947AF0033E8.jpeg

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "GROOOOOOOOARRRRRRR!!!!"

The Grand Fursnek's displeasure echoed across the flat plains of Pumpkonia. This year's offering had been found wanting, and the creature was enraged by this insult. The Dwibbleites huddled in terror before the great beast. There would be punishment for this, a dear price would have to be paid. Mikongo, the mayor of Pumpkonia feared this may happen.

Annually, the Grand Fursnek would visit Pumpkonia to receive an offering. The offering was an arrangement which dated back millennia, to the time of the Great Mayor Fumblesnoot. Fumblesnoot had deceived the ancient beast into accepting a deal to protect his people from the creature's great anger and hunger. In exchange for a year of deliverance from the great monster's terrible violence, the Dwibbleites would prepare a Pumpkin soup, manufactured from the finest ingredients of the annual harvest.... and the first child born after the previous harvest.

Mikongo's beloved wife Grizelda had been the first to give birth this year. Their baby daughter Xongaggle was the apple of their eye, and Mikongo could not bear to sacrifice her, no matter what pain it brought to the people. He had attempted to deceive the beast by throwing the old hobo Yrgkzalit into the brew in place of her.

But it was all for nought, for the beast had a surprisingly refined palate.

The Fursnek looked down upon the cowering Dwibbleites, flicking its tongue up against its whiskers. After so many years of staying its hand, the Fursnek would be at long last able to satiate its tremendous and terrible bloodlust.

Night was about to fall on Pumpkonia..... Forever.

Saguaro-Cactus.jpeg

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    She wanted proof that nature was larger than life itself. She found it in the wilderness. Just like she found herself. How many others have stood in this exact sot? A question asked, but a question with no real answer. She was the first person she knew who stood here. Maybe she was the was the first to ever stand here, The first to walk these waste lands.

20-funny-and-creative-stock-images-found-online-5.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    “Would humans having the eyes of fish look strange?” she thought to herself. So off she went to the market.
    She spent about an hour agonizing over her decision. “What type of fish eye would look best?” and “How can I find two similar enough for good symmetry?”
    Much to the relief of the staff she finally found two she was satisfied with.
    And then she checked. “Why yes,” she exclaimed, “humans with fish eyes WOULD look strange!”
    Why did she do this?
    Because she was a nutcase.

8668112C-9ED0-494C-8D54-C7CE6A561A3F.jpeg

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Little up animals, let us get this right the first time around. We can't afford mistakes. Leave those to our human owners. OK. Stop laughing now. First idea please. Yes, yes, I love it. A shock collar for human every time they make a mistake or speak out of tuen. Good idea guys. Now as for the new housing we have planned, let us make them live in a cold wooden box with a wet blanket and a bowl of water for when they get thirsty. Order. Hold the laughing down. So we all know our roles. What we have to do. Once we are set up and the take over is complete, we shall meet again to discuss other forms of punishment for these humans.

Upside-Down.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.