Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

smart person explain this to me..."No purchase necessary" to win

"Purchase or payment will not increase chances of winning" ---"you will receive 1 entry when you purchase at least $50.00" Somebody please explain this to me it makes no sense at all.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    They're weeding out the gene pool.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Get a bag of ice for just one cent when you spend $40.00 or more

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I've always looked at a pack that says "no purchase nessecery" and wondered if they mean that I don't actually have to buy the thing to eat it. Seriously. If I ever feel like shoplifting, I'm just gonna grab one of those. Apparently, I don't have to buy it.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    LOL there is probably a disclaimer on those things.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With a lot of contests if you read the itty bitty print it will usually have an address where you can ask for a free -scratch off,ticket,entry or whatever -for the contest.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Misssy View Post
    "Purchase or payment will not increase chances of winning" ---"you will receive 1 entry when you purchase at least $50.00" Somebody please explain this to me it makes no sense at all.
    Pretty sure this has to do with the law. If they don't claim this, then this could be considered as gambling (since you're paying to possibly win something), and certain licenses are needed for this. Also, what can occur with this is that the person that actually purchases the stuff can "give" the entry to someone else, so that somebody else can have an entry, and this person wouldn't have to purchase to enter.

In short, it's all about legality and the very careful wording to stay within the laws; this wording is required or else they would be breaking the law, mostly having to do with gambling.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    One entry with a minimum of $50 purchased. Anyone purchasing $50 or more has EQUAL chances - no additional spending on your part (or anyone else's) will increase the chance of winning. It's one entry per person maximum when $50 is spent.

Speaking of spending and disclaimers.....in the shopping days of Wheel of Fortune (YES! contestants used to buy prizes with the money they won!)

"The prices of the prizes have been furnished to the contestants prior to the show and have been rounded off to the nearest dollar. Gift certificates do not include sales tax."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Reminds me of some of those scratch cards that I get in the newspaper. The ones that you always seem to win. And in order to claim the price, you have to call a premium rate number and stay on hold for three hours, before they announce you've won a grand total of £5. Which is about $7.50, I guess. Can't really get much with that kind of money.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.