Thread: Journals

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)

Journals

Okay, so does anyone else here keep a journal? Or a diary? Or whatever you call it. I try to. About the only thing that I have managed to keep is on something called 750words.com and it's just my competitive nature and desire to actually get that damn horse badge for once that's kept me doing it. It's also kept me somewhat...saner.

I haven't looked back over old entries though in a while. I don't want to.

Just curious if anyone else keeps one.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did. I have an app on my phone called Life Mate... I used to write in it when I was in a bad mood or stressed out, but I just can't get myself to do it anymore. Now when I'm in a bad mood I just scroll through anxiety space lol

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do. Sometimes it's the only thing I talk to.

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nothing consistent, but occasionally I'll feel bogged down by my own thoughts enough to want to write it out in an attempt to get my brain to calm down a little.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I keep some posts on webpages mainly the journal thing I do when I have something to say but sometimes I have nothing to say

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My journal is my website as I enjoy writing about my experiences as well as filming it or expressing it in art.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use Penzu.com for journaling. Excellent site, simple to use.. simple layout.. it's all I really need. I do use it often. Sometimes I do go weeks without using it, and it's mostly if I'm just real busy... or things are just going well in my life. I wish it was easier for me to journal good stuff though, but it's just so much easier to use the journal to spill out every horrible/negative thing/emotions I am going through. With that said, using it to get things off my chest has helped quite a bit. Sometimes one entry doesn't do the job, so I'd go through multiple posts throughout the day (or the hour!) until I feel I'm a whole lot more calm and collected. Like today, I felt so freakin anxious and whatnot, so I did about 2-3 entries today...they had the same broad topic (anxiety), but somewhat separate subtopics. It's helped me see things a lot more clearly, it's wonderful. Sometimes I feel so horrible and I don't have the energy to release some verbal vomit into the diary/journal, but I try to do so anyway to get crap off my chest. It's got more benefits than not journaling at all (for me, personally, that is).

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Keeping a journal would be so depressing; chronicling my years of nothing but work, sleep and avoidance.

Forum Addiction:

in a substandard motel on the (lalalala la) corner of fourth and freemount street
    I'm feeling
    SleepySleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i tried to, but i haven't written in it in a while. it's not rlly something i'm good at keeping up with
    swimmin' with the sharks until we drown

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes. I kind of write in it haphazardly and when I do I tend to write more than I intended. I make a conscious effort to curtail it now, otherwise I could easily while away an hour or so on that.

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    I journal daily, in some form. Sometimes it's a list, sometimes it's a drawing, sometimes it a page of thoughts.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.