Thread: hello

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hello

Hello,

Just found your website after doing a search

I've been suffering with anxiety for 10 yrs now. My anxiety has gotten worse over the past 3 yrs and it is getting so I don't want to live like this another day. I take xanax which does help but it makes me tired and lately I just don't want to do anything. I dread winter coming with its gray and dreary days as it makes me just want to stay in bed. Sometimes trying to sleep is a problem and I've often been awakened with panic feelings.

My first panic attack happened 10 yrs ago this month. At that time my whole world came crashing down around me. I had a horrible discussion with my mom due to her lack of concern for me and my family. She was suffering with depression then so I really shouldn't have expected her support. I also had one huge fight with my husband after discovering he had loaned money to our son and was keeping it a secret from me. Needless to say, I also had a few words for my son. Also at the time, my daughter got pregnant and wasn't married and then moved out to live with her boyfriend. And last of all, I had to quit my job as a nurse due to some health problems caused by a car accident. My life was out of control and the panic attack I know was due to all the stress, my body just couldn't handle everything. Now since going thru menopause, the anxiety has gotten worse and now I can't drive for fear of having an attack. I have tried paxil but it made me nauseous. I tried Prozac but it made the anxiety worse. Thank goodness for the xanax but I know it is habit forming but what else is there? I am so hoping that some of you will be helpful and maybe have some advice.

My doctor just thinks I am a nut case. Most people don't understand but this is real and I am so tired of struggling thru each day like this and not enjoying anything. I find just thinking about having to go anywhere causes my anxiety level to sky rocket, please HELP
    Thank you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hi! I don't think you're a nutcase. You'll fit right in. Maybe we can ask one of the admins to move this to the introduction section so more people can see that you're new. Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll find some support here.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Greetings. I don't think you're a nutcase either. Anxiety isn't a personal defect. Honest.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Welcome to AS!!!

http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    yep hi hi hi hi

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I know what it feels like to have others think your a nut case because of anxiety
    Throughout school when i had my anxiety moments they didnt understand and honestly didnt seem concerned about me in the slightest

welcome to the site, i hope you find the support you need here xx

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear your doctor thinks such a thing, and that times have been difficult. I hope you can find some support here! Welcome! =]

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Hello, CandyDreams!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.